Death Metal

Immolation is pretty killer. Didn't like them so much back in the 90's, but they definitely grew on me.

With all due respect, Travis, deathcore bands are annoying. It doesn't have the dark, brutal feel that I like about death metal. It takes stuff from death metal and desensitizes them.

Btw, I checked out one of the links on the previous page (Immolation) and was quite impressed. That's more up my alley.

Apart from not being relevant to this thread, I've nothing against that song. In its own genre, it works, even if it sounds bratty and lacks any real edge when compared to death metal. I've heard much, much worse.

Reading this thread inspired me to go and play some death metal and I came up with a couple of song structures. It was cool, aside from death growls fucking up my throat. My growls sound ok but my technique is awful. It's not supposed to hurt when done right but it does.

There's definitely a technique. There are some good exercises online to get the correct technique, and it really isn't meant to hurt. You're not shouting and straining your vocal cords.

With all due respect, Travis, deathcore bands are annoying. It doesn't have the dark, brutal feel that I like about death metal. It takes stuff from death metal and desensitizes them.

Btw, I checked out one of the links on the previous page (Immolation) and was quite impressed. That's more up my alley.
Ah, I wasn't sure since the site calls the band "technical death metal". Things can get confusing with all the sub-genres out there.

I got a free CD of technical death metal a few months ago and couldn't sit through it all. It sounded very little like the song posted above, curiously.

Tech death has gone in a really weird direction recently. The old stuff like Atheist and early Cynic is some of the best classic death metal around though.

Wasn't all Tampa Bay in the early 90s. Finland spawned some great bands in the 90s too...

.....And of course Amorphis when they were actually DM

Tech death has gone in a really weird direction recently. The old stuff like Atheist and early Cynic is some of the best classic death metal around though.

Necrophagist is pretty cool but it's been ages since they released their last album.

Surely a good contender when it comes to death metal that can move lots of people. Go to 15.30 (Feasting on the Blood of the Insane) and go f'ck'n nuts as well. :)

Back