Death Metal

@SixesAlltheway Yeah, man, but not much of it. I think Burning Skies was the song I listened to. Knocked me down! The band is on my list for further checking out.

Any Bölzer fans? Unearthly band.

Never heard of them. But that sounds sick!

There's some Deathspell Omega over their sound...and some more sludgy/post rock sounds too..

Long time since I've heard them for the first time and I still can't believe that Entranced By the Wolfshook riff... Their second EP is also cool (but not that much), especially the first track - Steppes.

I really love when a band has its distinctive sound and for sure it's the case here.

They have a cool sound. Like I said, some death metal there, some black, some sludge some post rock. But definitely very good!!

OK, can't have a Death Metal thread without posting some Cryptopsy...

Actually I'm not much of a death metal guy, so for example I don't know this one. I like, however, some new, inventive bands which incorporate a lot of atmosphere into their songs (like Malthusian and Bölzer, that I posted).

Right. I like that stuff too but it's not, if we have to be strict, Death Metal. So perhaps this deserves a thread of its own. Anyways...You might like Amenra? Again - not strictly DM, they're more sludge with post rock atmospherics. But I think you'll like em from what you've posted so far - if you don't already know em' :)

Sure, I know them. Not a fan, though... I don't know, I've never got into them. I always considered them straight sludge/post-metal and this genre is just so repetitive... ;) Bores me a little.

I like a lot of post/sludge bands. My favorite probably being ISIS. So sad when they split :(

But OK, let's put the atmosphere in Death Metal....

I'm listening, but to be honest nothing grips me. The "atmospheric" element and production sound quite amateurish to me. But maybe it's just me - I always have hard time getting into new stuff. It's really hard to impress me and this doesn't always mean the band is bad :p I'm very choosy ;)

Well, amateurish yes...Most metal bands are amateurs by default since no one can make a living doing it except the last 1% :D This was done all the way back in 2003, that could explain it....But hey, you gotta admire the effort. Spacey Death Metal isn't the kind of stuff that comes out every week.

Speaking of new old school, there was some buzz about this band recently:
(I'll put it in spoiler, because the cover is kind of gross, I don't know how sensitive people are around here :p)

Time to go classic. Carcass also had outrageous artwork back in the day. Symphonies of Sickness cover anyone?!?

My fave Carcass video :)

I know the guitarist who played on this and I still talk to him from time to time.... Yes...It's my claim to fame :p

Last edited:
Back