Days Of Future Past

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
Well I get that the solo is a bit short and the breakdown sounds a bit weird at first. However this is what I felt when listening to Ghost of Cain for the first 10 times or so.
The breakdown in this song reminds me of the breakdown after Adrian's solo in ''Sea Of Madness''. Btw, I really like the breakdown with the drums in the Smith/Dickinson bonus song for the AOB album - something similar would have been great for ''Days Of Future Past'' too imo.

^Edit: after Adrian's solo in ''Wildest Dreams'' too.

Last edited:

Gk1

Here I sit in a serenade of glory!
The breakdown in this song reminds me of the breakdown after Adrian's solo in ''Sea Of Madness''. Btw, I really like the breakdown with the drums in the Smith/Dickinson bonus song for the AOB album - something similar would have been great for ''Days Of Future Past'' too imo.
I get what you mean, however I'd rather have a great song with an ok breakdown than a terrible song with a great breakdown ( I had to google cause I couldn't even remember the song's name...Wildest Dreams :down:)

____no5

The Angel Of The Odd
^True dat, Wildest Dreams has a great breakdown. A bit of soft rocker, but not a terrible one; just not as good as the approximately 150 catalogue songs above it. ;)

Reactions: Gk1

Gk1

Here I sit in a serenade of glory!
Well, I never got why people like the wickerman and it even got to be this iconic song that every rocker is measured against.....but IMO this is as close to a classic song Maiden can get to nowadays

Kalata

Out of the Silent Planet
I wish there was some kind of melodic interlude instead of that weird anticlimactic fade out prior to the final chorus.
I agree - a guitar harmony is what is really missing in this short song (the case is similar with ''The Final Frontier'') and it would be a great fit for a continuation of Adrian's suddenly interrupted solo. The song would have been even better with this feature... or a longer solo.