CREEPIEST SONG EVER

Prowler_108

Trooper
Ok, this should be funny  :p What is your opinion on the creepiest song of all time?  For me, its Dead Skin Mask by Slayer easily.  That intro...

Dead Skin Mask never creeped me out. I've grown up listening to creepier. :p (Proud Slayer fan since I was six! :D)

I'd have to REALLY think about it. I know that "Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me" by Motorhead really gives me the chills, but it's not really creepy I guess. . .

Dead Skin Mask is about the serial killer Ed Geins, who if i'm not mistaken was inspiration for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and after learning that it took on a whole new light for me.  I agree about the Motorhead song though, just the title even haha.

But when I first heard DSM I didn't know that, so it didn't freak me out 'til later, and by then I was used to the song. :p

And DLDKM is all acoustic and bone-chilling. I can never get through that song.

Prowler_108 said:
Dead Skin Mask is about the serial killer Ed Geins, who if i'm not mistaken was inspiration for the Texas Chainsaw Massacre...

And Psycho and Hannibal Lector and the entire Slasher genre... What would we do without mad men?

First song that comes to mind is The Candle by King Diamond.Mostly for that intro.
It's hard to find a song that is creepy enough to be mentioned.

I don't know if this really counts (It's video game music), but  'Lavender Town - Reversed' is the most disturbing, unnatural thing ever created. Youtube it.

Moonchild33 said:
I'd have to REALLY think about it. I know that "Don't Let Daddy Kiss Me" by Motorhead really gives me the chills, but it's not really creepy I guess. . .

I was gonna say that song too.

Throbbing Gristle - Hamburger Lady

also, there was this European ambient-horror group, can't remember their name at the moment... but they have some of the most terriying, atmospheric ambient music I have ever heard. It literally sounds like what you would hear in Hell.

Definately Dead Skin Mask, first time I heard it was live at Donington '92(first time I heard Slayer, actually), I thought it was a good song but when I went out and bought Seasons and learnt the lyrics it creeped me out but it did start my interest in serial killers, especially Ed Gein, and I think that's where my love of horror films came from too.
Plus it's a killer riff to play on the guitar too!

The ending to "Dead Skin Mask" when you hear the little kids say "Mr Gein, I don't wanna play anymore, let me out NOOOOW".  That gave me the creeps.

Back