CREEPIEST SONG EVER

"DOA" by a band called Bloodrock was an early '70's A.M. radio hit. I would have been about 6 or 7, and it used to scare the shit out of me every time it played...

taker64 said:
"DOA" by a band called Bloodrock was an early '70's A.M. radio hit. I would have been about 6 or 7, and it used to scare the shit out of me every time it played...

now you're talking.
this is a quality song by a quality early 70s proto metal band.

The song is about a guy who is involved in an accident and is slowly bleeding to death as he is taken to hospital.
Dead On Arrival indeed.

Believe it or not, the song actually charted top 20 in the States.

Boring side note - Bloodrock had the same manager as Grand Funk Railroad

I don't know what could be the creepiest song for me, but there are a few. One by Metallica. And the video, Jesus Christ, the video. Horrific. Most of Today Is The Day's music. NIN's The Downward Spiral (the album as a whole has quite a few creepy moments, but I'm talking about the title track especially, with all those scream loops and weird sounds) The Holy Bible by the Manic Street Preachers, the whole album. And many others I can't recall now.

The Mid-Distance Runner said:
Dalai Lama by Rammstein contains audio taken from the black box recovered from the worst aviation disaster in Japan's history. That's kinda creepy.

I gotta hear that. Sounds horrific indeed.

Speaking of recorded creepy moments, I would add Tool's Faaip De Oiad (which means "voice of God" in Enochian) last song on their Lateralus album. It's composed of a truly crazy drum solo played in the background, static noises and the telephone call a man made to an American radio show about Area 51 and the "plans" the government had for "us" (among crazier things suchs as "extradimensional beings").

another one that totally freaked me out is 'Peking O' from the classic Can album Tago Mago.
I still haven't managed to listen to the whole track it freaked me out so much and I've had the album for over 15 years

not a metal band/track though

A song that really creeps and freaks me out - and I am 110% serious - is from the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire. When you reach the third level or what it's called. I fucking hate that song.

And a song that once creeped me out too was Toltec 7 Arrival by Bruce Dickinson. When you feel daaamn sleepy and tired, try listening toit without going "WTF" all over the place

There are two albums and a couple of songs from each that immediately come to my mind. Two incredible albums - one of them is on my top 10 all time - but both have passages so bleak I often skip them (have to be in a good day to listen to them):

Monotheist by Celtic Frost is one of the gloomiest and more disturbing albums I've ever listened to. Obscured is definitively one of the darkest of them. Although its eerie melody is simply beautiful, the mix of darkness and depression that thing emanates is almost unbearable. On the same album there's also Synagoga Satanae (the title says a lot about this long descent to Hades).

Although featuring some well know and even poppy tracks another album that contains some songs that - with time - became truly difficult to listen is Nine Inch Nails' Downward spiral. Eraser, Reptile and The Downward Spiral sequence (plus a couple of other tracks in a lesser degree) is the perfect portrait of someone who's lost it and is heading down the abyss in a one way ticket ride. The mix of nihilism, depression, despair, anger and hopelessness on some of those tracks is so dense it hurts listening to them. Yeah, I'd pick these three. Disturbing as fuck.

Last edited:
I'd say that this old pop song definitely gives bad vibes. Bloody eerie.

Also a lot of the avantgarde stuff, Current 93, Diamanda Galás, even Zappa or the Residents at times tent to be really alienating and creepy.

I've always found Seven Swans by Sufjan Stevens kind of creepy. I get apocalyptic cult vibes from it

Tristesse de la lune by Celtic frost, Come to daddy by Aphex twin and some of the old prog rock/psychedelic stuff by King crimson, Pink floydHawkwind. Also Marduk and Necrophagia have some great creepy songs.

Also The beatles -Eleanor rigby is kind of creepy I think, but mainly cause it was played in the background when I had a very horrible nightmare once

A song that really creeps and freaks me out - and I am 110% serious - is from the Who Wants to Be A Millionaire.
Funny enough Emperor's In The Wordless Chamber features a passage with trumpets really similar to WWTBAM's song:

Back