Create your own Iron Maiden setlist!

Maiden England is perhaps the best setlist from all Maiden live records.

I would only change one little thing: Rime of The Ancient Mariner and The Trooper for Sanctuary, Running Free and Hallowed Be Thy Name.
ROTAM is the only huge miss on the set. All the rest of the show unfolds though an almost perfect balance between all time classics (Number Of The Beast, Iron Maiden, Run To The Hills, Wasted Years) and songs that are rarely played live (Still Life, The Prisoner, Killers, Die With Your Boots On).
But even without ROTAM it simply kicks butt!

Even so I would love to see them during that tour (missed them back then).
I still recall when they came to Lisbon touring 7th son (with Helloween as openers!)... but I was only 13 back then and no company to go to the show.
Now I only miss Maiden shows for 2 reasons: If it is not compatible with my schedule or because I'm a lazy bastard LOL. The later was the case 8 years ago (Final Frontier tour) when they came to Faro (merely 300km from my house and I have a small apartment in a nearby city +- 30km). Got lazy and thought "meh... I'll watch 'em next time" (when the rumours started circulating that could be their last studio album!) :p

Cried's 5 unrealistic setlists that feature Somewhere in Time songs, 3 setlists that don't

What Maiden England should have been setlist

1. Moonchild
2. Two Minutes to Midnight
3. The Prisoner
4. Still Life
5. Infinite Dreams
6. Can I Play With Madness?
7. The Trooper
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Evil That Men Do
10. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
11. Heaven Can Wait
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. Number of the Beast
16. Run to the Hills
17. Wasted Years

Thought about adding The Prophecy and Only the Good Die Young, but there's not a lot of room to work with..

Good one, but I'd ditch 2 Minutes. Why? Because it was played on the previous tour and if they gave it a rest with Maiden England and TBOS tours, it's return this year would have been even more triumphant. While I prefer Still Life, I could also see Killers being slightly more realistic pick, since it's a bit more aggressive and would fit very well pretty much anywhere in the set. So, following the Alternate Universe Thinking, I'd go with these two options:

1. Maiden England as... Maiden England.
1. Moonchild
2. Can I Play With Madness
3. The Prisoner
4. The Trooper
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Number of the Beast
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. Run to the Hills
9. Still Life
10. Wasted Years
11. Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dar
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. Killers
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

2. So, Infinite Dreams didn't work out too well in the rehearsals and they decide to go with ATSS instead... so why not to expand the set to cover "early 90's" as well, without losing the 80's focus and marketing value at all?
It was, after all, covered more extensively than SIT in the 2012-13 set, even though POTO can be seen as a Somewhere on Tour -related addition. This point and pretty much this very set has been already around in the "Fix the Maiden setlists" thread and elsewhere, but there you go....

1. Moonchild
3. The Prisoner
4. Killers
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Run to the Hills
10. Wasted Years
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. Be Quick or be Dead
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Bring Your Daughter.... to the Slaughter / Running Free

Good one, but I'd ditch 2 Minutes. Why? Because it was played on the previous tour and if they gave it a rest with Maiden England and TBOS tours, it's return this year would have been even more triumphant. While I prefer Still Life, I could also see Killers more realistic pick, since it's a bit more aggressive and would fit very well pretty much anywhere in the set. So, following the Alternate Universe Thinking, I'd go with these two options:

1. Maiden England as... Maiden England.
1. Moonchild
3. The Prisoner
4. The Trooper
5. Infinite Dreams
6. The Number of the Beast
7. Phantom of the Opera
8. Run to the Hills
9. Still Life
10. Wasted Years
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dar
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. Killers
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Running Free

2. So, Infinite Dreams didn't work out too well in the rehearsals and they decide to go with ATSS instead... so why not to expand the set to cover "early 90's" as well, without losing the 80's focus and marketing value at all?
It was, after all, covered more extensively than SIT in the 2012-13 set, even though POTO can be seen as a Somewhere on Tour -related addition. This point and pretty much this very set has been already around in the "Fix the Maiden setlists" thread and elsewhere, but there you go....

1. Moonchild
3. The Prisoner
4. Killers
5. Afraid to Shoot Strangers
6. The Trooper
7. The Number of the Beast
8. Phantom of the Opera
9. Run to the Hills
10. Wasted Years
12. The Clairvoyant
13. Fear of the Dark
14. Iron Maiden
--
15. Be Quick or be Dead
16. The Evil That Men Do
17. Bring Your Daughter.... to the Slaughter / Running Free

DWYBO would also have been very refreshing in this ME setlist, I think.

DWYBO would also have been very refreshing in this ME setlist, I think.

I agree, it's another excellent option for the 4th spot! :)

Overall, I find Maiden England set much better than some; it has a brilliant, unrelenting flow and while the omission of Infinite Dreams was sad, I loved hearing ATSS and obviously, the one and only Seventh Son of a Seventh Son, followed by The Clairvoyant. It was amazing.

The biggest problem for me was the sub-par execution and somewhat pointless marketing of the 2014 tour: "--this is likely to be the last time we will tour with a set list based on the ‘80s, and therefore the last time fans will EVER hear some of these songs played live. With this in mind, for the 2014 dates we plan to change the set list around a little, to make it more equally representative of the whole of the ‘80s period"

So, you keep the couple of songs that are most likely never played again: Moonchild, The Prisoner(?) and SSOASS, that's great. But replacing The Clairvoyant (possible addition to the mentioned category) with Wrathchild, which just got played last year. ATSS for Revelations, which is already being played again. I'm not really... um complaining or being mad, merely just pointing out that they actually ditched the songs that are much more likely to be never played again for songs that have already been played again, with the exception of Sanctuary, but I guess it won't be missed too much anyway... :D Alright, I guess they didn't plan their future sets too clearly back then, but anyway.

Last edited:
.So, you keep the couple of songs that are most likely never played again: Moonchild, The Prisoner(?) and SSOASS, that's great. But replacing The Clairvoyant (possible addition to the mentioned category) with Wrathchild, which just got played last year. ATSS for Revelations, which is already being played again. I'm not really... um complaining or being mad, merely just pointing out that they actually ditched the songs that are much more likely to be never played again for songs that have already been played again, with the exception of Sanctuary, but I guess it won't be missed too much anyway...

I think we may hear The Clairvoyant next year. :) ATSS was a good addition for this set., but replacing it with Revelations instead of Still Life and obviously the addition of Wrathchild was the easiest way (Killers would have been awesome) and swapping Running Free for Sanctuary also was a lazy move. The omission of HBTN and dropping Infinite Dreams for unknown reasons was sad. DWYBO as I said would have been another good option for this tour and HCW too. 22AA and SIASL also were good candidates for this tour, I think. (they will serves as a deep cuts from the 80's). I think someone has said that NPFTD song was also considered for this tour? - that would have been a dream come true, for me. Anyway, 2014 tour should have been a tour related to the 90's albums IMO. It was a short date tour and they could have done a stage only with Marshall speakers as a tribute to these times and with backdrops, lights etc... that would have been the better option for us the fans and for the band too - I mean songs from 90's are not played often (aside from FOTD), and that for sure would have been very fresh for the band.

Back