Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't find any links, but some rumors about alien invasion in fall are being spread on the internet...  :innocent: Let's just hope that Adrian Smith is in the galaxy that day :innocent:

The super-sized 43st mother who is determined to become the world's fattest woman

Donna Simpson already weighs 43st, but she is determined to nearly double her size to become the world's fattest woman. The 42-year-old from New Jersey, U.S, is set on reaching the 1,000lb mark (71st) in just two years. Remarkably she insists she is healthy, despite now needing a mobility scooter when she goes shopping.

'My favourite food is sushi, but unlike others I can sit and eat 70 big pieces of sushi in one go,' she said.
'I do love cakes and sweet things, doughnuts are my favourite.'

Donna, who wears XXXXXXXL dresses, eats mounds of junk food and tries to move as little as possible. Ms Simpson already holds the Guinness World Record as the world's fattest mother, when she gave birth in 2007 weighing 38stone. She needed a team of 30 medics to deliver her daughter Jacqueline during a high-risk Caesarean birth. Yet although she can only move 20ft before needing to sit down, she wants to be even bigger.

'I'd love to be 1,000lb,' she said.
'It might be hard though. Running after my daughter keeps my weight down.'

Ms Simpson can no longer walk more than 20ft before needing to sit down. She goes to the shops in a mobility scooter. You might expect her long-term partner Philippe, 49, to advise her to slim down, but instead he encourages her to eat more. He met Donna on a dating site for plus-size people and is a self-confessed fat admirer, although he himself only weighs 150lbs.

'I think he'd like it if I was bigger,' said Donna.
'He's a real belly man, and completely supports me.'

To achieve her goal, Donna says she will need to eat up to 12,000 calories a day (the average woman should consume only 2,000.) To fund the massive $750 weekly food shop, she runs a website where men pay her to watch her eat fast food. Donna's weight problem began early. Her mother made big meals for Donna and her brothers and gave them lots of treats and fattening food. By the time Donna was nine, she weighed 13 stone.

'Food was her way of showing she loved us, she wanted us to eat, and she was very protective of us,' Ms Simpson said.
'She wouldn't let anyone say anything bad to us about our weight. She would argue with doctors who said it was dangerous.'

Donna's mother died soon after, and her dad married a woman who put the children on a strict diet.

'I used to steal food from the cupboards, which were still full because my mum used to store food,' she said.

But as she got older, Donna began to worry about her weight and started taking diet pills. Between the ages 14 and 18 she slimmed down to 11 stone, but was still unhappy.

'Dieting just made me miserable because I was thinking about food all the time.,' she said.

After she left school, Donna got a desk job and no longer felt the need to fit in with other girls.

'I felt so much better when the weight came back,' she said.
'It felt like who I was meant to be.

When Donna was 19 she met her first husband, who worked as a chef at a steak restaurant.

'He worked night shifts and would come home at 2 or 3am and bring the leftovers with him,' she said.
'We'd stay up and eat huge piles of steak, mashed potatoes, and gravy with butter.
'I started gaining weight quickly and my husband liked it.
'He said I was sexier when I was bigger, and I felt happier too.'

When she was 27, Donna weighed 25 stone, and fell pregnant with her eldest son, Devin. Her marriage ended soon after and she turned to food for comfort. By the age of 31, she weighed 43 stone and decided to try and lose weight. She lost five stones in six months and was due to have a gastric band operation. But just before she was due to go under the knife, her friend died during a similar operation.

'That was a sign for me,' Ms Simpson said.
'I decided it just wasn't worth it. I like being the way I am.'

Donna, then 37 stone, came across a website which celebrated obese women. When she admitted her real size, Donna was flooded with emails from men.

'They sent me gifts through the post, like protein shakes to help me put on weight faster,' she said.

And she unrepentant of her weight-gain goal, despite risking her own life in the process.

'I love eating and people love watching me eat,' she said.
'It makes people happy, and I'm not harming anyone.'

-

Sick :puke:

That is sick. Well, a local 60 something year old lifeguard got fired for refusing to wear the required speedo for the job. Good for him, he said he did everyone a favor by refusing this.  :ok:

edge of darkness said:
That is sick. Well, a local 60 something year old lifeguard got fired for refusing to wear the required speedo for the job. Good for him, he said he did everyone a favor by refusing this.  :ok:

He's stupid. In a drowning accident, milliseconds literally mean life. Speedo is an optimal swimming gear. Standard water shorts produce way more drag. For god's sake, he's not a mannequin, he's a lifeguard and he should use optimal gear for the  job. So I'm really glad he got fired, because someone could've drawn his terminal breath because this idiot thinks that his old balls look like shit.

I'm not pro-Speedo, I also wear standard water shorts because they're shorts, not underwear like Speedo, and you don't really need to change when you get out from the sea. However Speedo is mandatory for diving suites, water sports, and any kind of water activity that needs highest possible performance. Would you support a professional bicyclist that doesn't want to shave his body because he presumes he'd look like gay?

I never see lifeguards out here wearing speedos. I'm not sure if it is such a difference that it should be required.

Mosh said:
I never see lifeguards out here wearing speedos. I'm not sure if it is such a difference that it should be required.

Maybe, in 99% of cases it doesn't make a difference. But in that one out of a hundred cases, a millisecond might indeed decide over life and death, and in that case a person has died because that muppet was too self-obsessed to realise that being a lifeguard has nothing to do with self-representation, and everything with safety.

The other week, there was a news item in Germany about a family of four who wanted to return home from a holiday in Turkey. They had booked a flight to and fro for three, because their kid was only one year old, and therefore did not require a separate seat. However, as per flight company regulations, Two year olds do require their own seats for safety reasons - and the kid turned two during the holiday. So the family was not allowed to travel back as four with only three tickets. The family said they weren't notified of this regulation and demanded an exception to be made. No exception was made, the father stayed behind and took the next flight, which was more expensive. Now get this: When the company got informed of this in Germany, they in fact took the expenses of that extra flight. However, the family was still pissed off because they thought they should have been let on board as a whole with their three tickets, because "the kid didn't grow heavier in those two weeks and could still have sat on the mother's lap."

Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to security, no exceptions should ever be made. There may be individual cases that seem a bit silly, but once you start making exceptions, it becomes increasingly hard to draw a line. That is where it starts becoming dangerous. We are talking about the lives of people after all, and that is not a matter to toy around with.

Zare said:
He's stupid. In a drowning accident, milliseconds literally mean life. Speedo is an optimal swimming gear. Standard water shorts produce way more drag. For god's sake, he's not a mannequin, he's a lifeguard and he should use optimal gear for the  job. So I'm really glad he got fired, because someone could've drawn his terminal breath because this idiot thinks that his old balls look like shit.
True, but we don't know the real reason he refused to wear speedos. It does seem to point to vanity, but we can't be  100% sure until we know the facts. It also depends where he was a lifeguard - had he been a lifeguard in a small indoor pool, then I'm sure he could get to someone quick enough when he sees signs of trouble. But if it was on a beach, then time is very critical. That said, we don't see too many Olympic swimmers wearing speedos nowadays - perhaps the best kit to wear is what they wear.

@Perun - I agree, the line should be drawn and not wavered from. And I really don't believe the family was not told about it before hand. I mean, if they knew a child under two does not need a ticket and the kid turns two during that holiday then it does not take a genius to know what age your own child will be on the return flight.

Iran bans two footballers for 'immoral' goal celebrations

Iran's football federation on Monday imposed indefinite bans on two players for their "immoral acts" during goal celebrations, state television's website reported. The incidents, condemned by officials and commentators alike, took place during a league match between Persepolis Tehran and Damash Gilan, broadcast live on national television to millions of Iranians. Footage on YouTube shows Persepolis defender Mohammad Nosrati pinching his teammate Sheys Rezaei's bottom as they celebrated a goal against Damash. Rezaei, another YouTube video shows, squeezed an unidentified teammate during another goal celebration in the dying moments of the game, which Persepolis won 3-2.

"Nosrati and Rezaei have been banned indefinitely from all football activities for committing immoral acts," said Ismail Hasanzadeh, head of Iranian football federation's disciplinary committee, quoted on the website.

The two have also been suspended by Persepolis, a popular club financed by the government, and have to pay a fine of 500 million rials (nearly $40,000) each. Nosrati and Rezaei insisted the gestures were not meant to offend anyone, but Hasanzadeh said they are under further investigation and could face a lengthy ban. The Iranian federation has for years tried to impose strict rules to curb what it calls immoral behaviour on the field, as well as foul language used by players and spectators in stadiums around the Islamic republic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPeCpq8VkLo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9eego52SCLA

The Daily Mail ran scare stories about emo a few years ago, after a MCR fan who also had depression killed herself.

Thankfully this was also in the article:
'Whatever the influences, I think it right that one can say there was no appreciation by anyone of the extent of his troubles and problems.

(CBS/AP) LUCASVILLE, Ohio - Steven Smith, a man convicted of killing a 6-month-old infant as he raped her, was executed Wednesday morning despite his arguments that he never meant to hurt her.

Smith, 46, was executed by lethal injection for the September 1998 killing of his live-in girlfriend's daughter, Autumn Carter, in Mansfield in northern Ohio.
Smith had recently tried to get his sentence reduced to life in prison, arguing that he was too drunk to realize that his assault was killing Autumn and didn't mean to hurt the baby. The Ohio Parole Board and Gov. John Kasich unanimously turned him down, with the board calling him "the worst of the worst."
Smith's daughter, Brittney Smith, and niece were present at the execution as were Autumn's mother, aunt and grandfather.
Autumn's aunt, Kaylee Bashline has said that her family has no reason to doubt that Smith is guilty and that it's not fair that he had 15 years since the crime to live, visit family and say his goodbyes.
"He got all that, and what did she get?" Bashline said. "She got to be killed and put in the ground where none of us gets to see her anymore. I don't find it right."
Brittney Smith, 21, has said she has never believed her father committed the crime.
"I know my dad's innocent," she said. "I do not believe he did this, and you know, he raised all my cousins, my sister before I was even born, and he never did anything (sexually)."
Back on the night of September 29, 1998, Autumn's mother was awoken by Smith, her live-in boyfriend of four months.
Smith, who was extremely drunk and naked, laid a naked and lifeless Autumn on Frye's bed, according to court records.
Frye rushed the baby and her other 2-year-old daughter to a neighbor's house and called 911. Autumn was pronounced dead after doctors tried to revive her for more than an hour, and Smith was arrested.
The baby was covered in bruises and welts, had cuts on her forehead and had severe injuries showing she had been brutally raped, though no semen was present.
At the home, there was no sign of forced entry, and police found a large amount of white cloth that came from Autumn's diaper strewn about; police found the rest of the diaper in a garbage bin outside, along with 10 empty cans of beer and a T-shirt.
A jury found Smith guilty of aggravated murder and sentenced him to death.

Well... him being drunk certainly doesn't justify what he did. Lots of people get drunk and never wind up doing something as horrible as that. I won't get into death penalty talk though... but he's certainly guilty.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4981933/Woman-kills-husband-and-herself.html

136134325638571251.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back