Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
A thread for crazy news.

BRATISLAVA, Slovakia — A would-be cannibal was arrested and in critical condition after being wounded in a gunbattle with officers during an undercover operation, officials said Wednesday. A policeman was also wounded.
The 43-year-old suspect used the Internet to search for a person who wanted to commit suicide and would agree to let him eat the body, police said. A Swiss citizen initially agreed but later changed his mind and informed authorities.
An undercover officer who pretended he was the would-be victim was used during Tuesday's operation, police said. He arrived at the eastern town of Kysak to meet the suspect, who opened fire seven times, striking one officer who remains hospitalized in serious condition.
TA3 television said the suspect, a father of two young daughters, lived in a nearby village of Sokol. Interior Minister Daniel Lipsic said he declined to say where he was from or further details.
Police spokeswoman Denisa Baloghova said Wednesday the suspect was shot several times and is unable to speak with investigators.
Jaroslava Oravcova, spokeswoman for a university clinic in the second largest city of Kosice, said the suspect underwent a five-hour operation and was in life-threatening condition.
Slovak authorities said the suspect agreed on a plan with the would-be victim to intoxicate him and then stab him in the heart with a knife in nearby woods. After that, he wanted to cut the body into pieces and gradually take them to his home to eat them.
Following a search of the suspect's home, Baloghova said the evidence gathered "indicates he wanted to commit the crime."

There was a similar case in Germany few years ago, but the cannibal succeeded. Swedish death metal supergroup Bloodbath recorded a song about it, called Eaten. Do not listen while eating :S

Meet Suman Khatun - one of the world’s fattest kids.

2011_fp_7300448_barm_fattestkid_excl_04_21_fadedtribune.jpg

Standing just 3ft 5 inches tall and weighing a staggering 201 lbs, this child weighs five times more than she should.

Suman is the same weight as two Kylie Minogues, a Great Dane or England rugby player Jonny Wilkinson.

In one week Suman, from West Bengal, India, gets through an astonishing 14kg of rice, 8kg of potatoes, 8kg of fish and about 180 bananas, as well as snacking on her favourite Bengali sweets and cream cakes. Her parents Beli Bibi and Jalal claim they are helpless to stop her gorging and have requested the help of the local doctor to manage her weight.

Night Prowler said:
Meet Suman Khatun - one of the world’s fattest kids.

2011_fp_7300448_barm_fattestkid_excl_04_21_fadedtribune.jpg

Standing just 3ft 5 inches tall and weighing a staggering 201 lbs, this child weighs five times more than she should.

Suman is the same weight as two Kylie Minogues, a Great Dane or England rugby player Jonny Wilkinson.

In one week Suman, from West Bengal, India, gets through an astonishing 14kg of rice, 8kg of potatoes, 8kg of fish and about 180 bananas, as well as snacking on her favourite Bengali sweets and cream cakes. Her parents Beli Bibi and Jalal claim they are helpless to stop her gorging and have requested the help of the local doctor to manage her weight.
Here is a suggestion, stop buying fat foods.  ::)

Alright, I can't see how hard it is to keep it away from their kids though.

The kid probably has a serious behavioral problem. A legit psychiatric issue. Hiding the food won't help; a girl who's hell-bent on finding food will find it.

Further, blaming the parents is totally wrong. If the kid does indeed have a mental problem, then how can you expect normal parents to handle it? Could you? Some kids have problems so big that professional help is required, and that doesn't reflect badly on the parents. (Well, maybe badly on their DNA, but not their actions.)

This isn't some average fat girl gone fatter because of lazy parents. This is a case so odd it made the news. I'll give the parents the benefit of the doubt.

A British woman has been stabbed and decapitated in Tenerife

The 60-year-old woman was reportedly attacked in a supermarket in the town of Los Cristianos on the island. A Bulgarian man, believed to be homeless, has been detained by Spanish police. A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office has said next of kin have been contacted. Officials offered their condolences to the family of the victim and are also in contact with local authorities in Tenerife.

Spanish media reported that witnesses saw the man enter a Chinese supermarket at the Valdes Shopping Centre and, without saying a word, attacked the woman with a knife, cutting her head off. A regional government spokeswoman said the killer is understood to have obtained a knife from inside the store to launch his attack.

Colin Kirby, of tenerifemagazine.com witnessed the event. He told Sky News: "It was all a bit surreal I was heading past the commercial centre and saw a group of people by the entrance and a medical guy going in form the health centre.

"I assumed someone had fainted, walked on, and then I could hear screaming and shouting.
"I glanced behind me and a guy was ambling down the street holding what I assumed to be a joke head, by the hair."

He said security guards gave chase to him, eventually managing to bring him down and restrain him.

"The guy did not seem completely right to me, he was a bit dishevelled, not particularly smart and as he was walking with the head he was muttering.
"It was a bizarre scene."

Manuel Reveron, a local a councillor for citizen security said: "Apparently this gentleman without any motive or any reason, although for this there is no reasoning, entered the shop and then cut this woman's neck and took the head in his hand outside up to the sidewalk.
"Then the security guard was able to throw him on the ground and we covered the macabre (sight)."

Los Cristianos is home to many British ex-pats.

SinisterMinisterX said:
This is a case so odd it made the news. I'll give the parents the benefit of the doubt.
I would as well - considering India is not exactly a country that has a problem with obesity in general.

And that beheading above is pretty horrific.

A Chinese man was pushed off a bridge by an angry passer-by after his threat to commit suicide held up traffic for five hours, Chinese media reported on Saturday.

Retired soldier Lian Jiansheng, 66, broke through a police cordon and reached out to shake the hand of would-be jumper Chen Fuchao before shoving him off the bridge.

"I pushed him off because jumpers like Chen are very selfish. Their action violates a lot of public interests," Lai was quoted as saying by the China Daily newspaper.
"They do not really dare to kill themselves. Instead, they just want to raise the relevant government authorities' attention to their appeals."

Chen, 2 million yuan ($293,200) in debt because of a failed building project, fell 8 metres (yards) onto a partially inflated emergency air cushion and was hospitalized with wrist and back injuries. Lai was detained by police. Chen was at least the twelfth person since early April to threaten suicide at the same spot, the Haizhu bridge in Guangzhou. But none jumped and -- until Lian gave Chen a helping hand -- none was pushed.

Here's the video of the situation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YF4YOwwIXLw

:bigsmile:

This reminds me of a David Lee Roth interview back in the day when asked the meaning of the song "Jump" he said he came across a crowd watching a potential jumper in NYC or somewhere and some smart ass broke the dramatic silence by yelling "jump!"

IMHO Of course I think its very insensitive and I wouldn't do it myself but a sense of humor is required to deal with this crazy world!

bbreeg614 said:
This reminds me of a David Lee Roth interview back in the day when asked the meaning of the song "Jump" he said he came across a crowd watching a potential jumper in NYC or somewhere and some smart ass broke the dramatic silence by yelling "jump!"
I've heard that before. I don't remember where though.

PAYBACK'S A BITCH:

A mother who claimed she gave her eight-year-old daughter Botox injections to take out her wrinkles before beauty pageants has lost custody of her child. Kerry Campbell appeared in an interview on ABC's Good Morning America to defend her actions. Her daughter, Britney, said, "I just, like, don't, like, think wrinkles are nice on little girls."

Campbell has now lost her daughter after the San Francisco Human Services Agency launched an investigation following the TV appearance. Her actions have been condemned by plastic surgeon Dr Alexander Rivkin who was disturbed by the claims that other mothers are doing the same thing on the pageant circuit.

"I am glad to hear that child protective services are involved; if a doctor was doing this, it would be clearly malpractice.
"It is obvious child abuse. She is putting her child at risk for serious injury by injecting her with an unknown chemical that she thinks is Botox," he said on his blog.

He said Botox is only allowed to be administered by nurses and physicians and mis-using it can lead to potentially life-threatening complications.

Another cannibal case - this time in Moscow

A man suspected to be behind the appearance of dismembered body parts across Moscow in recent weeks was arrested early on Tuesday morning after half-eaten human innards were found in his home, police said. Police found a stew made from a human liver in fridge of the suspect’s apartment in east Moscow. They believe the liver to be part of the same body as various dismembered body parts found scattered around Moscow in recent weeks. The decapitated head of a middle-aged man was found in the Moskva River in the west of the city on Wednesday. An arm - severed at the wrist - was pulled from water under a bridge in south Moscow’s Tsaritsino Park on May 2 and  two feet were discovered floating nearby in the Moskva River on the same day. A hand and another arm were later discovered in the same area. Police believe the suspect killed his friend and tried to destroy the evidence by severing the body parts and hiding them around the city. “Detectives established the identity of the dead body by taking fingerprints,” police spokesman Alexei Savelyev said. “After that police tracked down the suspected offender through a circle of the deceased’s friends.” Police said last week they believed the victim was killed in mid-April. The suspect, whose identity was not disclosed, has a history of mental illness.

That quote she said on Good Morning America just proves that lady is insane.

SAO PAULO - Brazilian police say a thief cut off and stole a woman's long hair while she waited at a bus stop

Police say the hair was virgin, meaning it had not been chemically treated, and will probably be sold for the production of wigs.
Inspector Jose Carlos Bezerra da Silva said Friday to Globo TV's G1 website that the woman was waiting for a bus in the central city of Goiania when the man used a knife-like weapon to cut the hair, which reached past her waist. She said she thought the man was going to steal her purse so she turned her back to him.

Silva said he'd never seen a theft like it in 20 years. He said the 24-year-old woman reported the case to police because she is evangelical and had to explain to her pastor why her hair wasn't long anymore.
:eek:

Chinese boy, 14, dragged naked through streets after he disobeys computer ban

03b977ffa8b781e2_2.jpg

A furious father in China pulled his son out of a cyber cafe by his hair, stripped him naked and dragged him home by his feet after the game-addicted teenager disobeyed a computer ban.

Lu Tan, 39, said he had warned son Xiaomeng, 14, dozens of times not to play computer games, adding: "I chucked the computer in the bin because he spent all his time in his room doing no work - but then when I came home from work I found he had gone to the internet cafe."

He stormed into the cafe at Hechi city, in Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region, in southern China and dragged his son out in front of his friends.

One eyewitness said:
"He began to beat the boy, who was calling for mercy, but he said he wanted to show everyone how worthless the boy was and dragged him home after stripping him and tying up his hands."
"Someone called the police but they did not intervene - the man said the boy had stolen money to go net surfing."

Tan told police: "Xiaomeng's mother passed away when he was only 9 months old. I have brought him up. I worked hard to support the family."
"My hope of my son is not great but I want him to live in the real world, to be a real person."
"I have told him surfing the web is a bad thing many times but he never listened. I beat him because I don't want him to be ruined by the web."

I think this is awful, but I'm not completely surprised by it happening in China.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back