Crazy news 'round the globe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Off topic, on country name topic

xiUkTLG.jpg

So Penka the cow is in trouble. She wandered off and unwittingly crossed the border between Bulgaria and Serbia. She came back home, but now she has to die because she effectively entered the EU without the necessary certification. It all makes for a good story and (I sincerely apologise for this) you can read more about it here:
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6452460/who-is-penka-cow-why-sentenced-to-death-eu/

What I wanted to point out here was the map of Bulgaria that The Sun posted in this article. I think The Sun has settled the infamous name dispute.
DD-COMPOSITE-BULGARIA.jpg
Apparently, they changed it to this meanwhile:
DD-COMPOSITE-BULGARIA-V2.jpg

Only offensive to Crna Gora and "Kososvo" now.

Fast food company Burger King Russia has been forced to apologize after an advertisement offered Russian women the chance to win $47,000 and free Whoppers for life if they got impregnated by a World Cup player.

The short-lived campaign was promoted in Russia on Tuesday via social media platform VK -- Russia's equivalent of Facebook -- before being pulled down after a flurry of angry responses from the public.

Burger King Russia then released an apology on VK, saying they had removed all materials related to the campaign as it was 'insulting."

According to Russian news agency Interfax, Burger King Russia's master franchisee is Burger Rus LLC.

Neither Burger Rus nor Burger King were immediately available for comment when contacted by CNN.

Earlier this month, a senior Russian lawmaker called on her countrywomen not to have sex with foreign men visiting Russia during the World Cup, saying Russian women "should give birth to our own."

In a radio interview with radio station Govorit Moskva, Tamara Pletnyova, the chairperson of the Duma committee on families, women and children, said she was concerned about a rise in single mothers. Russian citizens, she said, should marry each other and "build a good family, live together, give birth to children and educate them."

Pletnyova was responding to a question about a spike in births from foreign fathers following the 1980 Moscow Olympics.

"These children then suffer and have suffered even from Soviet times," she said. "You know this perfectly well. It's fine if they're one race, but not if they're from a different race. I'm not a nationalist, but still. I know the children suffer, then they get abandoned and that's it, they stay with their mom here."

The World Cup final is on July 15.

"How can it equal one? If one times one equals one that means that two is of no value because one times itself has no effect. One times one equals two because the square root of four is two, so what's the square root of two? Should be one, but we're told its two, and that cannot be."

He told Rolling Stone he left the institution soon after because "you can't conform when you know innately that something is wrong".
jackie_chan_meme_by_firefox2014-d8p19a4.jpg

If you have one set of one thing then you have one thing.
If you have two sets of one thing then you have two things.

What a dickhead.

jackie_chan_meme_by_firefox2014-d8p19a4.jpg

If you have one set of one thing then you have one thing.
If you have two sets of one thing then you have two things.

What a dickhead.

Even I can tell his reasoning is bullshit, and my Maths teacher in tenth grade once told me in depressed honesty that I have a fundamentally wrong conception of mathematics or of the idea what numerical values represent. Sadly, he never came up with the idea of testing me for learning disabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back