Covers that are better than the originals... or just covers

Night Prowler

Customer Deathcycle Manager
Staff member
Name covers that are IN YOUR OPINION better than the originals :halo:

Iced Earth - Electric Funeral (Black Sabbath cover) - Matt>Ozzy, 'nuff said.
Tim Ripper Owens, Yngwie Malmsteen, Tommy Bogert, Tommy Aldridge & Derek Sherinian - Mr. Crowley (Ozzy Osbourne cover) - Ripper>Ozzy
Van Halen - You Really Got Me (The Kinks cover) - much heavier and better

I'll write more later...

Yea Diamonds and Rust was said.

Metallica's Remember Tomorrow is pretty good

Foo Fighters Baker Street

Dream Theater: Tenement Funster/Flick of the Wrist/Lilly of the Valley

Doro-Whiter Shade of Pale

These aren't all better than the originals, but the Diamonds and Rust, Baker Street, and Whiter Shade are better.

Gamma Ray Victim of Changes (Isn't as good as the original although is close but then again what is?) and I haven't heard the original for It's a Sin but I've had a few people tell me it's a really great cover.

Children of Bodom - Oops i Did it Again (Britney Spears)
I dont like the cover, but its still fucking better than the original :p

MaidenFan100 said:

Dude, I noticed that you're bringing pop stuff to the forum way too much. (even if you hate them) You better not talk about them, just an advice though.  :bigsmile:

The Flash said:
Dude, I noticed that you're bringing pop stuff to the forum way too much. (even if you hate them) You better not talk about them, just an advice though.  :bigsmile:

My advice? Ignore this advice.

I did a last.fm journal about this very topic. To surmise it:

Am I Evil - Metallica: Sorry, nothing can compare to this cover. It takes a brilliant song and makes it better. Much better.

Walk on By - The Stranglers: Could this Dionne Warwick track sound any better? Er, no! 1:28 on is sublime.

Gypsy - Raging Speedhorn: Again, I love the original but this is so much heavier - if it could ever be ("I fucked up loads man").

MaidenFan100 said:
I disagree - And especially about it being a poor song to begin with. Max Martin is an awesome songwriter and an awesome producer. It's a kickass song - Regardless of genre.

Mr Crowley. Ripper and Yngwie.

Abigail: Ripper.

Back