Coronavirus

Oh I do see the point. I don't think even money would win over the antivax crowd here, though. Meanwhile it would probably attract chancers who would try to sign up as many times as possible.

"We've closed the world for a year because some might catch a cold" - Yngwie Malmsteen.

What an idiot.

I would have thought that with his weight (a significant risk factor with his age) he would be really concerned, but he seems to be thicker than I thought.

• Haha
Reactions: Jer
I would have thought that with his weight (a significant risk factor with his age) he would be really concerned, but he seems to be thicker than I thought.
He can't buy more second hand ferraris or Rolex watches without playing shows, you know. Which brings me to this. His idea of the ultimate luxury is social security. He doesn't, by contrast, find a lavish lifestyle a luxury.

The CDC just updated its guidance for fully vaccinated people to drop mask requirements in most cases.
210513-cdc-safety-guidance-ew-403p.jpg

The CDC just updated its guidance for fully vaccinated people to drop mask requirements in most cases.
210513-cdc-safety-guidance-ew-403p.jpg

Nice, but how would you prove you are fully vaccinated? I mean, Ted Nugent, Donald Trump, and many more other morons can turn up somewhere not wearing a mask and who is going to ask them if they are vaccinated?

I'd probably still wear a mask until my region was in the 75%+ range.

I also hope for vaccination passports or vaccination proofs. Because that's very important for protecting people who cannot get immunized.

I'd probably still wear a mask until my region was in the 75%+ range.

I also hope for vaccination passports or vaccination proofs. Because that's very important for protecting people who cannot get immunized.

I would be against this until 100% of the population have been offered a chance to get a jab. Otherwise, in most cases it would be a matter of some people having more rights than others by virtue of being older.

So, what if someone who hasn't been vaccinated is not wearing a mask? How will anyone know that?
Nice, but how would you prove you are fully vaccinated? I mean, Ted Nugent, Donald Trump, and many more other morons can turn up somewhere not wearing a mask and who is going to ask them if they are vaccinated?
The truth is, of course, that you can’t know. And Americans would likely not embrace a vaccine passport system, and a large portion of people who are intentionally avoiding vaccination on conspiracy theory grounds would have no issue pretending they’re vaccinated, as the vaccination card forging videos circulating in right wing social media would attest.

So yes, as @LooseCannon noted, this presents a danger specifically for the people who are unable to be vaccinated, because they can’t trust that the unmasked people around them are actually fully vaccinated.

IMO the same people who would lie about getting vaccinated are already not wearing masks in public. Anyone who hasn’t been vaccinated and is still wearing a mask will probably continue to follow recommended guidelines and wear the mask. It seems to me like this CDC announcement is meant to encourage more people to get the vaccine after a few weeks of slowdown.

I will stop wearing a mask when both CO lifts its restrictions and my workplace (which has been very cautious the whole time) allows me to remove the mask.

I'll do the universe a favor and continue to refrain from singing in an indoor (or outdoor for that matter) choir
Very kind of you, sir. We approve.

I would be against this until 100% of the population have been offered a chance to get a jab. Otherwise, in most cases it would be a matter of some people having more rights than others by virtue of being older.
Sure, that's fine.

I really don't want to stop taking some covid precautions until the bulk of the adult population had been vaccinated.

It might not be an option if they insist on cramming everyone back into the workplace on June 21 and ditching all social distancing rules and guidance.

Edit: which is before I get my second dose

I have a pretty strong suspicion the guidelines here will not be lifted quickly, as we have prioritized first shots over second, so everyone will be going around for quite awhile with only partial immunity. And I am A-OK with that.

Back