Votes: 14 9.3%
  • Iron Maiden ('98 Reissue)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No Prayer For The Dying ('98 Reissue)

• Live At Donington ('98 Reissue)

• Total voters
Brave New World is my absolute favorite in terms of cover artwork and then comes Death on the Road, Piece of Mind, Powerslave and A Matter of Life and Death.

My favourite studio album covers are Somewhere in time and Seventh son.
Live album: There can be only one... Live after death!

Fixed the poll. Everybody will have to vote again (you can also change your vote if your opinion changes). :)

Albie said:
I went for SSoaSS. Why? I actually really like the overall look of it and the colours also. There is also something very placid/calming/pacifying about it - only matched, in some way (minus the pacifying), by Powerslave.
As you were.

Killers, because of the classic manic smile on Eddie that's never again repeated to that extent. Also, his crazy pose.. all twisty and bent. The number of the beast is worth a mention, as well as The Phantom of The Opera.

I was torn between Killers and Iron Maiden. I went with the first album since that version of Eddie seems so much meaner than all the others. The new album is up there though. If only Eddie were bigger and in the foreground more.

ohgar_boy said:
Killers, because of the classic manic smile on Eddie that's never again repeated to that extent. Also, his crazy pose.. all twisty and bent. The number of the beast is worth a mention, as well as The Phantom of The Opera.

Phantom Of The Opera cover?! I fear that I never saw it  :sad3:

By the way, I went for Somewhere In Time. I like the futuristic "a-la-bladerunner" ambientation and the richness of details :)

ABandOn said:
Phantom Of The Opera cover?! I fear that I never saw it  :sad3:
Feast your eyes on this then.

It shouldn't be mentioned in this thread however, seeing as it isn't an "album" ;)

Conor said:
Feast your eyes on this then.

It shouldn't be mentioned in this thread however, seeing as it isn't an "album" ;)

Thanks a lot for refreshing my memory  :cool2: I forgot that it was the "Phantom Of The Opera"...and I even have it on Live After Death 2nd picture disc  :halo:

For me it came down to Powerslave and A Matter Of Life And Death... but I went with Powerslave, beacuse I think A Matter Of Life And Death's awesomeness is slightly artificially inflated by contemporary covers sucking ass (I'm looking at you, St. Anger!). Back in the days of real 80's metal, Powerslave had a lot stiffer competition for 'awesome album cover'.

Fear of the Dark.  I like its simplicity.  I like how the human instinct that naturally fears darkness manifests in everyday objects.  The cover is a hybrid of reality and imagination.  Well done.  I think that cover jumps out at me more so than others.  It is specific and highly related to the subject song.

Honourable mentions: Brave New World (love the futuristic city); No Prayer... (I like the bad-ass Eddie; it also relates well to the subject); Powerslave (Ancient Egyptian art is so cool); Piece of Mind (once again I like the simplicity and the bad-ass Eddie; Eddie being shackled and put into a straight jacket -- it kind of reminds me of what would need to be done to me if I had no access to Maiden  :D).

Real Dead One is currently my fav maiden cover, when i saw it for the first time, haha, radio hell, 666fm :D

The best album cover is Killers. I used to have the blacklight poster of it and I loved it. Wish I had it back. For the singles I would pick wrathchild.

after somewhere in time for me it would be
2.killers
3.powerslave
4.brave new world
5.live after death
6.piece of mind
7.7th son of a 7th son
8.donnington
9.number of the beast
10.no prayer for the dying
11.fear of the dark
12.x-factor
13.death on the road
14.a matter of life and death
15.tie real live/real dead one
16.dance of death
17.iron maiden
18.virtual xi

Real tough for me! Toss up between Live After Death nad Powerslave...but SIT is in there too.

My vote is Live After Death
2. SIT
3. Powerslave

Back