Complaints about Maiden

This is the thread where you can post as many off topic Maiden rants as your moods lets you. Have Maiden not offered their views on a political occurance? Why haven't Maiden forced Fender to release a Gers signature guitar? Why, oh why, didn't they include Total Eclipse on NoTB? Or are you annoyed with their lacking online pandemic presence? Tell us how you feel.
I just punched a hole through the wall, in a fit of rage. WHY HASN'T MAIDEN ANNOUNCED ALBUM NUMBER 18 YET?

I'm also angry that Belshazzar's Feast made me expect a Lord of the Rings concept album, and we end up with Senjutsu?`What the hell. I wanted a 12 minute epic about the Ents.

Last edited:
A minor one:

The reuse of the exact same video (released before the end of the tour) of ''Wasted Years'' for the Live Chapter video.

... and the footage with different guitars, of course - it still annoys me.

The absolute abuse of E/guitar root tonality in combination with chord based arrangements is starting to bother me.

Yeah? What is there going to be that we haven't seen?

Also, it's not as if Maiden have never gone full cabaret before.

Well, for one, Bruce isn't on stage in a bath robe and briefs.

But other than that, I see your point. :p

What the Hell, I've never seen that before. Total cabaret!

First clip is from Beast Over Hammersmith. Second is from one of the early shows of the Early Days Tour, they dropped that part of the stage show very quickly.

The absolute abuse of E/guitar root tonality in combination with chord based arrangements is starting to bother me.
I agree they don't really like to modulate much which sounds stale after a while, but I'm not sure what you mean by "chord based arrangements".
Unless it's a joke that's going over my head.

I'd like to slap whoever was responsible for the Legacy of the Beast mobile game. :p It's Iron Maiden. You don't make a subpar cash grab data-mining turd of a video game, for Iron "§$%ing Maiden. Can we get a decent game please, since now you've teased your fans??

And definitely not from the current major gaming industry.

Last edited:
The seagulls, the ones in Darkest Hour. Not just length of the seagull noise segments, but the fact that it doesn't sound like seagulls over the beaches of Normandy, if that's what it's meant to be. White cliffs of Dover, maybe, but that's definitely a load of seagulls on cliffs, you can hear the echoes. I speak as someone who is used to the seagull-infested shores (including cliffs) of North East England.

The seagulls, the ones in Darkest Hour. Not just length of the seagull noise segments, but the fact that it doesn't sound like seagulls over the beaches of Normandy, if that's what it's meant to be. White cliffs of Dover, maybe, but that's definitely a load of seagulls on cliffs, you can hear the echoes. I speak as someone who is used to the seagull-infested shores (including cliffs) of North East England.

Those seagull cries remind me of the bastard one that nicked my lovely ice cream in the summer of 2020 at Lyme Regis. :mad:

Back