Como Estais Amigos

How good is Como Estais Amigos on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
A

Anonymous

IT is legendary. The lyrics are amazing and the guitar work is beautiful!!

'como Estais Amigos'

Let's not get carried away here. It's a decent song, but I wouldn't say that it's Maiden's best (just think of 'Phantom Of The Opera' or 'Hallowed Be Thy Name', for instance...).

'como Estais Amigos'

I will give it a good song. I really like the lyrics, I find them emotional. But the guitar work, although fitting, is lacking compared to some other songs. Good you like it though.

'como Estais Amigos'

Strange that someone likes so much a song from a not-so-good era of Maiden.
I also feel that something's missing in that song. Not sure if it is Blaze's (I'm not bashing him) voice, or the guitar melody.

'como Estais Amigos'

I think that Blaze's voice is the only one that could have done the song well. Bruce would butcher it.

'como Estais Amigos'

Sure. For was hard also when he first time joined Maiden.
He had problems singing a couple of songs of Di'anno's era.
Bruce has a very high voice (now it isn't as highest as for example in TNOTB), Blaze instaead, has a very bass voice, what makes harder to Bruce to sing songs like Sign Of The Cross, or any other of Blaze's era (specially from The X Factor).

'como Estais Amigos'

I think the era with Blaze was rather good some really good songs, and i really like his voice. there are some earlir songs i have heard blaze sing e.g Afraid, Heaven cant wait, TETMD, i say he sings them betterthan Bruce, please stop slaging Blaze he never wanted to be Bruce and never will but some of his songs were brilliant, and Como was a very good song but not a classic

'como Estais Amigos'

If Bruce had been the original singer we likely would have seen all the songs written differently to fit his higher vocals.

'como Estais Amigos'

Now you can read other visitors' comments on 'Como Estais Amigos' as well as post your own. Any contribution to the commentary will be much appreciated, may it be cultural references relevant to the song (links to related websites, interpretations that may have been overlooked in the Commentary, and the like) or personal essays related to the topic of the song. Just be aware that messages that are either off-topic or too wacky may be deleted.

'como Estais Amigos'

I would say its one of those songs wich really grabs you by the heart at first listen, along with the clansman and futureal

And specially like Blaze vocals on this one. Yes, I love all vocals Blaze made with Maiden, but this one in special is so full of feeling and loss. Its a very special song I think.

And the name Como Estais Amigos its EXACTLY what Maverick said in the commentary ==> "How are you friends" (and as you know are the only spanish words in the lyrics)

'como Estais Amigos'

I love this song.

I have a [span style=\'color:red\']B L A Z E[/span] bootleg where Blaze introduces this song. He says he was on a promotional tour in Argentina during The X Factour, and he saw a large war memorial for those that died during the falklands war. He was very moved by it. He added that he lost one of his school freinds in the war.

Very emotional song, probably Blaze's best studio performance with Maiden. Certainly one of the best.

'como Estais Amigos'

A good song and a very moving end to the album. That's all I have to say about this one.

'como Estais Amigos'

5 stars, in and out. Just perfect. Blaze's voice is soothing at the begining and powerfull through the rest. I think that the lyrics fit it as well, as the Falkland war, was futile. Absolutely futile. WW I at least ended the Imperial Age, but...The Falkland Wars didn't start an Age, didn't end one, it didn't mark the begining of a new coutry. Futile. People killed with no ulterior motive. "They died for their country"...Yeah right... [!--emo&:angry:--][img src=\'style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/mad.gif\' border=\'0\' style=\'vertical-align:middle\' alt=\'mad.gif\' /][!--endemo--]

'como Estais Amigos'

My flatmate, who is from Spain, commented to me that the correct grammatical form would be "Como Estas Amigos". "Estais" is a more formal way -which doesn't exist in modern English- and would be incorrect in this context (for comparrison, in German it would be Wie geht es Ihnen, Freunde). Of course, MigDaimon's response irritated me a little, so I come to the conclusion that there is some grammatical difference between Argentinian and Spanish... err... Spanish.

'como Estais Amigos'

The first time I heard this song, I literally cried. This song isnt about the Falkland Wars, but its about war in general. This song really moved me. It made me think about how grateful I am not to be in the battlezone. Blaze voice really captures the horror of war. My favorite song next to the Clansman

'como Estais Amigos'

[!--QuoteBegin-Perun+Jun 7 2005, 02:05 AM--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Perun @ Jun 7 2005, 02:05 AM)[/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--QuoteEBegin--]My flatmate, who is from Spain, commented to me that the correct grammatical form would be "Como Estas Amigos". "Estais" is a more formal way -which doesn't exist in modern English- and would be incorrect in this context (for comparrison, in German it would be Wie geht es Ihnen, Freunde). Of course, MigDaimon's response irritated me a little, so I come to the conclusion that there is some grammatical difference between Argentinian and Spanish... err... Spanish.
[snapback]107664[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Hmmm... I must say I disagree with you, the correct form would be Como ESTAN Amigos, because Estas, would be used to talk to a single person, and AMIGOS it's a plural, in Argentinian spanish they would say it like that. Como Estan Amigos.

'como Estais Amigos'

[!--quoteo(post=128925:date=Feb 13 2006, 03:56 PM:name=Maverick)--][div class=\'quotetop\']QUOTE(Maverick @ Feb 13 2006, 03:56 PM) [snapback]128925[/snapback][/div][div class=\'quotemain\'][!--quotec--]
The commentary of 'Como Estais Amigos' has been reworked. [/quote]It's very poignant, if you can be that at all when talking about close combat with bayonets and knives... The bastard and the bitch, and many others like them, indeed.

'como Estais Amigos'

If the Iron Maiden Commentary aims to be accurate and serious, it must begin by replacing adjectives which go as names (and occult the names at all), such as "The bastard" and "The bitch", by real names, which are, respectively and regardfully, "Leopoldo Galtieri" and "Margaret Thatcher". Like once said Robert McNamara, ex-US Secretary of Defense, "people don't understand war".

'como Estais Amigos'

These adjectives are there to make a point (which you apparently missed or chose to ignore). Like Bruce Dickinson, singer of Iron Maiden, once said, "war is shit."

I rest my case. [img src=\"style_emoticons/[#EMO_DIR#]/sleep.gif\" style=\"vertical-align:middle\" emoid=\"-_-\" border=\"0\" alt=\"sleep.gif\" /]

Back