Coming Home

How good is Coming Home on a scale of 1-10?

• Total voters
Re: Daily Song: Coming Home

8/10- this is where the album starts getting really good to me.  Great vocals by Bruce and probably my favorite solo on the album.  Still, it's not quite as enchanting as Out of the Shadows.

What a solo ! Great atmosphere, another great performance from Bruce. 10/10.

Fantastic! My favourite song on the album. Great lyrics and perfect guitars. 10/10

Just a question after reading these reviews for the past few months, are these 10's relative?  Like a 10 on this album alone or a 10 in general.  Because, come on, I don't think many find Coming Home or Mother of Mercy, both good songs, in the same league as (IMO obviously) true 10's like Hallowed, Rime, or Phantom.  Maybe it's just me. 

Donner said:
Just a question after reading these reviews for the past few months, are these 10's relative?  Like a 10 on this album alone or a 10 in general.  Because, come on, I don't think many find Coming Home or Mother of Mercy, both good songs, in the same league as (IMO obviously) true 10's like Hallowed, Rime, or Phantom.   Maybe it's just me. 

Well, to me, some songs rated with a 10 'seem' to be superior to other songs with a 10. My top ten Maiden songs list obviously contains only songs with a 10. However, there are probably another twenty or so songs which I rate with a 10. So when it comes to pick the best of the best, some 10's 'seem' to be higher than others.

Here's how I rate songs:
10 - no flaws at all
9 - almost classic, lacks something
8,7 - good, but has some flaws
6 - the flaws ruin the song
5 - has 1-2 good moments, otherwise forgettable
4 - has lots of irritating moments
3,2 - shit, but catchy
1 - big shit

Donner said:
Because, come on, I don't think many find Coming Home or Mother of Mercy, both good songs, in the same league as (IMO obviously) true 10's like Hallowed, Rime, or Phantom.   Maybe it's just me. 

Coming Home is up there for me. (Not MoM, though... not even close.)

Here's my thought: if Maiden played Coming Home at every single show from here on... if it joined that group which includes IM, FotD, Hallowed and NotB... I'd love it.

When a song is so good that I want to see it live over and over, yes it's a 10.

Note: the song IM is not a 10 of course, but FotD, HBTN and NotB definitely are.

Interesting.  I like Coming Home enough to give it an 8.  To me 10s are only deserved on songs that aren't just musically and lyrically perfect but also that have that extra something that make them more than just a rock song.  Some have that and some don't, it totally depends on the listener.  Coming Home is a good but not great song to me. 

It's OK. Very good lyrics and delivery from Bruce. I don't like the chorus much at all, and there isn't anything really special about this track. 7/10

Again, a smart, well-crafted mid-tempo piece of metal pop with one of the most emotional Dickinson vocal performances on record. Well-executed lyric on what could have been a very cheesy topic. For this type of song, this is about as good as it gets. Eight.

I like this song, better than Wasting Love IMO, a real good song that sums up Flight 666.  I give it an 8

This is a song I really like to sing along with, the most positive comment I could possibly make about this song is that has beautiful guitar soloing on it, 8/10.

9. As someone said on the first reviews, it's a ballad, but it doesn't gets naff, or sweety or sold out. It's a poem about the adventures of a band traveling far and wide making people feel and look a bit more equal, regardless of skin, culture, continent, accent or idiom. They ride that thunderbird and tells it with sincerity and in poetic manner to all of us, Maidenheads. Wonderful solos, great intro (pretty haunting, actually) and a memorable chorus.

I don't have much to say besides this song just doesn't do as much for me as it does for other members. 7

Foro, I assume I'm finished with TFF now?

Donner said:
Just a question after reading these reviews for the past few months, are these 10's relative?  Like a 10 on this album alone or a 10 in general.  Because, come on, I don't think many find Coming Home or Mother of Mercy, both good songs, in the same league as (IMO obviously) true 10's like Hallowed, Rime, or Phantom.   Maybe it's just me. 
Coming Home is 10 times better than Hallowed Be Thy Name.

Back