Classic albums and famous bands you don't like

I don't mind early U2, and I found Achtung Baby more tongue-in-cheek than anything. Joshua Tree and Rattle and Hum are two highly celebrated albums I don't care for at all, though

What is the big deal with The Rolling Stones? Granted, maybe becasue they've been around FOREVER we only here their "hits" now and I may be deprived of a REALLY hidden gem here and there, but overall, can't stand their music.
This. Apart from a few songs, it's boring, out of tune, R&B garbage.

Breaking the Law is quite unique in the Priest catalog but if you like the song Screaming for Vengeance, I'm sure you might appreciate some other fast ones. :)

Slayer, 30 seconds to mars, My Chemical Romance. Cannot say i am a massive fan of Sevenfold. Yet i have all their cds. Guess i was trying to compete with my friends there.

Nirvana - anything. Don't get it, never will get it. I saw that same band play in every garage in town when I was in high school.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. I'm not a huge fan of psychedelic rock, so their stuff just never really did anything for me.

Slayer - Reign in Blood, Seasons in the Abyss. I can't get into the vocals, the lyrics, and I find the music incredibly over-hyped. I feel the same way about Motorhead.

As with previous posters, I don't get the appeal of U2, The Grateful Dead, or most Judas Priest (never could understand the big deal about Halford's voice, either).

The worst: Bob Marley. Anything by Bob Marley. Anything reggae. Anything with even a slightly "island" vibe. I'll include Jimmy Buffett, who is just sad. I wish we could take the entire reggae/island music genre and sink it into the ocean forever.

I enjoy rap, hiphop and mainstream pop like Lady Gaga more than reggae. Stuff actually happen on these ones. I guess it says something.

I like GaGa. I have both her albums. She seems to be taking a massive break from music. Our Cat is called GaGa. The name was chosen by my eldest.

The worst: Bob Marley. Anything by Bob Marley. Anything reggae. Anything with even a slightly "island" vibe. I'll include Jimmy Buffett, who is just sad. I wish we could take the entire reggae/island music genre and sink it into the ocean forever.
:applause::okok:
(except I've no idea who Jimmy Buffett is)

I despise the I'm-gangsta-I-have-money-and-bitches-and-hoes-and-cars-and-gold-and-guns-and-security type of rap/hip-hop. One time a friend of mine recommended me a rap album with orchestra and it was cool. But generally, not my cup of tea at all.
I generally can't stand music recorded on a computer without any real instruments like most of pop is.

I think a rap song with a cool deep beat and rhythmic flow is really fun to listen to. You can see me listening to Eminem's Without Me quite often these days.

Yea, I mostly listen to rap for the beat and rhythmic structure. I actually enjoy a lot of French rap even though I can only say one phrase in French.

Eminem is the one exception I'll make to my earlier comment, I think his first two albums are really good, the rest not so much. Though Lose Yourself is a great song.

Last edited:
I quite like reggae in small doses. Not a huge fan of rap in general, but sometimes you have to admire the rhymes (one good example is Rakim, who was able to claim his superiority to other rappers in more ways than you can imagine).

I'm also a fan of the instumental hip hop artist DJ Shadow (who also has a cool name).

I despise the I'm-gangsta-I-have-money-and-bitches-and-hoes-and-cars-and-gold-and-guns-and-security type of rap/hip-hop. One time a friend of mine recommended me a rap album with orchestra and it was cool. But generally, not my cup of tea at all.
I generally can't stand music recorded on a computer without any real instruments like most of pop is.

I agree for the most part. There are a lot of rappers out there, mostly "underground", who don't generally rap about any of those topics and use a lot of piano and guitar in their songs.

As far as some rappers I occasionally enjoy: Atmosphere, Adeem, Mos Def.

Back