Classic albums and famous bands you don't like

..The sense of belonging ...
Not just belonging. Also meeting people. Can be done at any age. Being into bands and going to concerts can lead to social interaction. Now if one isn't much into social interaction (or social life for that matter), or into going to concerts, one can look very different at a (sub)culture or genre. But this has more to do with the (evolvement of a) person than with a genre being enormously different than others.

Reactions: 425
Ah, that's not a bad point. One that I wouldn't think of because I am actually not much into social interaction, and most of it I do through a somewhat scattershot approach where I meet people and try to decide if I like them rather than on the basis of common interests.

I still do think it's not a good idea to conform with a subculture just because you like the same genre of music. If you sincerely want to mosh or whatever else, that's fine by me, but don't do it just because other people who listen to Megadeth do it.

Basically my message here is always be your own person and think for yourself.

Agreed. I am not into moshing either (I liked some pogoing in the nineties though, but it wasn't aggressive ;-).
"Joining" people in an event doesn't mean you have to do exactly the same as others. Still you can conform with the scene without doing all the "extremes".

Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (slow, boring, undynamic and simple)
Have you heard the version with bonus tracks? I actually like those more than the original LP songs. Particularly "Four" and "Tune Up". Anyway, I don't care much for it either but it's a good look at his background and a nice collection of his pre-modal jazz material.

Have you heard the version with bonus tracks? I actually like those more than the original LP songs. Particularly "Four" and "Tune Up". Anyway, I don't care much for it either but it's a good look at his background and a nice collection of his pre-modal jazz material.
I indeed have those. I remember they sounded somewhat different indeed but it didn't click that much. Will pay them more attention when I give them another spin.

Miles Davis - Birth of the Cool (slow, boring, undynamic and simple)

If you want to get inside this record, go from the back door: Try Re-birth of the Cool by Gerry Mulligan, original member of Davis' sessions & contributor. The record has been released shortly after Davis' death and has a much more modern approach & sound, super interesting, I think you should try it ;)

Back on topic I don't like that much Stg. Pepper's by Beatles..

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Probably the most horrible guitarsound ever recorded with just slightly out of tune guitars make my ears bleed.

Any by Oasis. I've heard too many drunken yobs singing Oasis to ever be objective about their music

I don't care for these 'classic' albums:

'Painkiller' - Judas Priest
'Bomber' - Motörhead
'Promised Land' - Queensryche
'Rust In Piece' - Megadeth
'Countdown to Extinction' - Megadeth

Metallica - Master of Puppets

Probably the most horrible guitarsound ever recorded with just slightly out of tune guitars make my ears bleed.
I can think of dozens of albums with worse guitar sound. :p Try early Saxon or early Accept.

While on the subject: Steel Panther's got excellent guitar sound (listening to them as we speak)

Late to the thread I know, and nothing new or different from above choices but:

Can't stand Slayer.

To this day can't get into Judas Priest, except for a couple of songs.

Bod Dylan and Bruce Springsteen should be shot in the knee, you know, just to teach them a lesson.

What is the big deal with The Rolling Stones? Granted, maybe becasue they've been around FOREVER we only here their "hits" now and I may be deprived of a REALLY hidden gem here and there, but overall, can't stand their music.

Why do people Worship U2? it's a pile of pop crap, except, again, for a couple of songs.

Back