Chemical Wedding - The Movie

Forostar

Ancient Mariner
Source: Maiden site --> http://www.ironmaiden.com/index.php?cat ... icleid=659

Chemical Wedding - The Movie
Published: August 28, 2007

Filming of the supernatural horror thriller CHEMICAL WEDDING is well underway.  Based on an original screenplay by Bruce Dickinson, the film directed by Julian Doyle, veteran second unit director and editor of Terry Gilliam's Brazil, Time Bandits and Monty Python's The Life of Brian. Julian wrote and directed Maiden's partially animated promotional video 'Can I Play With Madness'.

cwpress.jpg

Chemical Wedding stars Simon Callow as a reincarnation of Aleister Crowley, dubbed 'the most evil man in Britain.'

Crowley was a major Edwardian figure and a scandalous character. A Cambridge graduate, he became an infamous mystic and occult scholar and although he died in 1947, his books are still in print and he remains a major focus for the occult world.  In the film, Crowley's spirit is re-animated by a superconductor mainframe, transforming the shy and stuttering Professor Haddo (Callow) into the charismatic but sexually depraved Crowley who wreaks havoc with the students and faculty of today's Cambridge campus.  The cast will be rounded out with cameos from Dickinson and other Python regulars. 

The film should be released sometime in 2008 with Bruce supervising the soundtrack.

-----------------

edit: I realize that I might have picked the wrong topic to post this news in. It's, uhh, rather old! :)
Besides: Could someone add "The Movie" in the topic title? Thanks!  (and the title of the movie is without "The")

Moved to Side Projects - because this is certainly a side project if it's being written and scored by Bruce!

I must say I don't know whether this film will be worth it.  The plot reminds of a rather cheesy and stupid violent-erotic horror film and I hate those kind of thrillers.  Of course I might be wrong,  and it might be more in the vein of The Ninth Gate which was quite entertaining.  Does the album have to do anything with it?  I remember reading it's a concept album,  but about alchemy.  This film doesn't seem to have any such elements.

Who knows?  Bruce wrote it so that's guaranteed to get out a bunch of die-hard Maiden fans.

LooseCannon said:
Who knows?  Bruce wrote it so that's guaranteed to get out a bunch of die-hard Maiden fans.
Exactly.  And they will more than likely give it some great reviews,  even though they would find it crap if it was made by some other guy.

Forostar said:
In the film, Crowley's spirit is re-animated by a superconductor mainframe, transforming the shy and stuttering Professor Haddo (Callow) into the charismatic but sexually depraved Crowley who wreaks havoc with the students and faculty of today's Cambridge campus.

I already saw this movie the first time it came out, when it was called "The Nutty Professor".  :smartarse:

IRON MAIDEN Singer's 'Chemical Wedding' Movie Wraps Principal Photography - Sep. 5, 2007 

According to the Hollywood Reporter, IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson's supernatural horror-thriller inspired by noted occultist Aleister Crowley, "Chemical Wedding", wrapped principal photography Tuesday (September 4) with Julian Doyle at the helm.

"Chemical Wedding" stars Simon Callow as a reincarnation of Crowley, once dubbed "the most evil man in Britain." Callow's character, Haddo, is a shy, stuttering professor.

The film will be released in Britain and Ireland by Warner Bros. The studio also has a first-look option on other territories.

Dickinson is not the first rocker to be inspired by Crowley, who died in 1947. LED ZEPPELIN guitarist Jimmy Page was a big collector of Crowley's writings and even bought his Scottish estate. OZZY OSBOURNE, meanwhile, eulogized him in the song "Mr. Crowley". 

(source: http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... emID=80110 )

Reuters has posted a five-minute interview with IRON MAIDEN frontman Bruce Dickinson about his upcoming supernatural horror-thriller inspired by noted occultist Aleister Crowley called "Chemical Wedding". The video, which includes footage from the "Chemical Wedding" movie set, can be viewed at this location (click on "Iron Maiden front man's film gets underway" to launch video).

http://reuters.viewdle.com/search?p=bruce+dickinson

The entire video can be downloaded at this location.

http://stream.viewdle.com/reuters-flash ... 556648.mpg

As previously reported, "Chemical Wedding"wrapped principal photography earlier in the month with Julian Doyle at the helm. The film stars Simon Callow as a reincarnation of Crowley, once dubbed "the most evil man in Britain." Callow's character, Haddo, is a shy, stuttering professor.

The film will be released in Britain and Ireland by Warner Bros. The studio also has a first-look option on other territories.

"My experience with stages is obviously IRON MAIDEN and that sort of stuff," Bruce said. "I've directed a few videos over the course of my rock 'n' roll past and I enjoyed them, I enjoyed directing videos. Writing movies a completely different thing. I wrote a couple of absurd comic novels — that came out as well, and you know, they did OK actually. So, writing is something that's always sort of interested me, so this seemed like a good opportunity to learn the process, really."

If the whole thing is as over the top as that trailer, then at least I'll get a few laughs out of it ;)

The trailer is so over the top, looks like a trailer for a comedy (especially with the "Hallelujah" music). I somehow think the film itself is going to be a bit more serious.

gulranek said:
The trailer is so over the top, looks like a trailer for a comedy (especially with the "Hallelujah" music). I somehow think the film itself is going to be a bit more serious.

Yes! That`s the first thing I noticed. Destroyed the whole trailer for me.

Back