CHEESEVIVÖR: The Book of Metal: ALL HAIL VICTORIUS!

THE LAST BATTLE

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Marius is a god amongst men. That track is ludicrously cheesy, terrible, and great all at the same time.

Also, compare the Marius's riff at 3:50 with the riff around 9 minutes into Empire of the Clouds and call Bazza!!!

It's identical! This came out 2 months after TBOS, so Maiden wins this round.

As for round 2, I was very tempted to vote for Yuri based solely on his complete lack of understanding of the language in which he sings, but those backing vocals yelling, "DINOSAURS!" and the "morphin' time" gag in Victorius once again earn my allegiance.

Helloween was garbage. True garbage. They will be brutalized.

How can you argue against Zords?

Marius, of course, despite his blatant ripoff of Legacy/Empire. Just had a thought, actually, maybe Bazza should sue Bruce on behalf of Steve and Janick, for ripping off that riff. Maiden vs Maiden. Their final album can be on the theme of internal division, betrayal and destruction.

Yuri was pretty solid here, but, Victorius go where DragonForce don't dare go, cheesewise

Helloween - Keeper of the Seven Keys
Helloween had a difficult run, but got very far. I got accused of "stacking the decks" against them in the last battle, but I genuinely thought the hamsters were prime CHEESEVIVÖR material... I guess I should have stuck to their classics. So here we go, can the Keeper take the spot of second loser?

Yuri Fulone - When the Sky Meets the Earth
Yuri was one of the great heroes of this crusade, giving it all for metal, but in the end, the Power Saurus proved to be too much for him. With the great struggle he put on, a third spot would nevertheless give him a dignified place in the history books.

Wow, I guess bitching and moaning really does get results

As for this match-up . . . it really kills me to do so, but I am gonna have to go for Yuri

There comes a time in war when a valiant old warrior fights his last. He puts on his trusted armour and mounts his faithful steed, and draws forth a blade of steel scarred by a thousand battles. He rides out at the head of his host, using a hundred clever tricks learned throughout a lifetime of combat. But his veteran's ways cease to be enough. His reflexes are slowed by age, his understanding of the evolving nature of battle has slipped slightly. He misses a detail or fails to notice something at the corner of his eye. A young challenger finally overthrows him. Perhaps through luck, perhaps through age; but finally, the great hero of the age falls, and a new warrior stands over him. The new warrior may not be the finest, but he will gain a hero's status simply from winning the battle.

That day is today. The young Yuri Falone defeats the old warrior Helloween, in an upset.

Well this has been a lot cheesier in the past. These two songs are examples of good music from the respective artist. The Helloween track is a lot punchier than your usual cheese while Yuri's effort sounds more like modern Judas Priest or Iced Earth than Rhapsody. In any case, Furlone wins just on the merit of cheesy lyrics. Everybody hold hands ain't got nothing on GOD IS FURIOUS

And as the year draws to a close, so does the most epic of all crusades. Only one battle remains to be fought, only one stand to be made. Draw the swords one last time, my brothers and sisters who have so valiantly stood side by side to determine the champion of the ages. It is now up to you to take fate into your hands and decide who shall be the Master of Cheese, to stand until they shall be challenged once more and defend the Truth of Metal.

Marius Danielsen - Lost in a Dream

Victorius - Flames of Armageddon

If we're basing this on the entire cheese basket of both these artists, they're pretty equal. However, Marius' song here is vastly cheesier. I am truly torn and I cannot vote yet.

I feel like Victorius was good in the group battles, but emerged as a true contender with an epic run through the knockout stage. Marius has been a steady hand throughout, and maybe his song is a hint cheesier, but Victorius really plumbed the depths of true cheese. I must go towards Victorius, but I expect Marius to reign supreme.

I hate to admit this, but Victorius have got this for me. Either Marius peaked too early, or else I've just got used to him. Prehistoric laser-wielding cheese is taking things to a whole new level.

Whoa, this is a tough one. Both are worthy of winning and they absolutely deserve being in the final. I'm voting for Victorious only based on originality merit.

Give Marius the trophy already, he deserves it for besting so many others. I'm rather shocked that Victorius made it this far, and the only thing they've got going for them in that song I just heard is a decent chorus. I don't like the Elisa person Marius is singing with, but otherwise it's a cool song.

I've tied up the votes, whoops.

Back