Bruce nasty to fans??

Only a slight aside: my poet sister Ruth Fanshaw made this alternative ending to a Dr Seuss "classic". Sam-I-Am is our go-to reference for a harassing git who refuses to respect other people's wishes (and right) to be left alone:
241812588_10226575593160483_5252235529091062584_n.jpg

I have never tried myself which of the three possibilities would occur, but I have consulted my magazines.
The Rock Hard editorial in fact says that he was unfriendly during the interview. They even mock him by calling him Bruce "Don't bug me" Dickinson.

Bruce is not a nice person. He is so petulant. If you stalk him, he will be polite or extremly hostile or make you his girlfriend. I like Steve much more.
I remember reading that Bruce's girlfriend was one of the first persons to hear The Book of Souls :rolleyes:

Seemed really weird that a superfan had heard it way before others. It all makes sense now.

I remember reading that Bruce's girlfriend was one of the first persons to hear The Book of Souls :rolleyes:

Seemed really weird that a superfan had heard it way before others. It all makes sense now.

She might have got Paddy’s test pressing of the album by mistake.

Links for those who want to read her comments from back then

I can't get behind this. Bruce isn't being a dick, the fans are being dicks in the videos. Bruce is trying to talk to people, make it to his show or catch a flight and there are people yelling at him from all sides begging for him to sign something for them. Bruce is as polite as he can be here by ignoring them or saying "next time". I don't understand what warrants the fans to film this and upload it on YouTube.
Your comment has nothing to do with what I said.

In my professional life, I've been lucky enough to spend some time with a few 'famous' people, including spending numerous days out with a world-famous film director. Honestly, I don't know how I would keep my cool in a similar position- they're met with a fairly constant stream of autograph hunters, smartphones and other unsolicited interruptions which would drive me insane.

Bruce should probably expect this kind of thing during book tours and similar, but I can't really blame him for occasionally losing his patience with people. The man who is quoted as saying 'fame is the excrement of creativity' is unlikely to be 'on form' 24 hours a day.

It's easy to forget sometimes that celebrities are people too. Like other people have said, he's probably fed up with having his space and boundaries violated by the rabid papparazi and can seem callous because of that.

She was also on Ed Force One at some point, wasn't she?

Here's few of "those instances"

As you can see, it's always them approaching him/his entourage in the worst possible time. Arrivals to venues, airports, restaurants or whatever. From the perspective of an artist this is quite disrespectful.

'He refused to sign Iron Maiden albums' = he refused to add significant value to mint condition vinyl that 'fan' would put on ebay afterwards.

I'm not fandom kind of a person but I guess if I were I'd cherish the moment of signing more than the signature itself. From that point I presume these people are not fans but going for the easy money or exposure for themselves.

These are all professional autograph hounds. It's a disgusting subculture, you can find these guys around every rock show in the world. Just shameless badgering and harassment trying to get merch signed to resell.

Not saying Bruce is Mr. Warm and Fuzzy but I feel no sympathy for the people in these videos.

Meanwhile, a buddy of mine who is not a Maiden fan but knows that I adore them saw Bruce in a hotel bar once, slipped past his bodyguard (despite being blocked at least once), and Bruce was cool to him and took a photo with him. He's gonna hold that photo over my head until the day I die.

Anyway, it would really upset me if Bruce was a dick to me so I'm content to never bother him if the opportunity arises. Don't meet your heroes and all that.

Bruce is making music with Maiden his 60s, says in public he hopes the fans like it, has been an all time endurance freak with concerts for the last four decades, writes books, flies planes, etc. The guy sang through BOS with throat cancer for crissakes.

I guess my question is why the fuck would anyone who is a fan bother him when he's not doing such things? I would wager everything I have in saying Bruce is probably a great guy. He loves the music and loves the fans. That's all you need. People trying to get a personal interaction are being inconsiderate and stupid. Leave him alone.

Last edited:
I met bruce in györ last week(nergal from behemoth as well ) he was very friendly and he seemed very happy , i saw other people approaching him as well and he was doing the exact same thing to them he was very friendly . I think he really gets pissed from these people who sell autographs etc. Or from crazy maiden fans who are following him etc. They're human beings too everyone has bad days , sometimes you just don't want to speak with strangers ( fans)

Back