Bruce nasty to fans??

This thread has more legs than I thought it would. I think a good rule of thumb is, "Don't approach famous celebrities when they are enjoying private time, because they don't know you and don't want to meet you." It's pretty much the Golden Rule. If they want to interact with you, they will initiate contact (which does happen sometimes).

Hear, hear!

Once upon a time, I was a singer in a local metal band. During our short career we had the opportunity to support some well-known bands when they played in our neck of the woods. We did go down quite well with the audience and, after 3 years of rocking and rolling, I left the band to pursue a different career.

A couple of years after that, I went to see Maiden and, as you do, I visited the gents after the support act had finished playing their set. To my surprise, a guy I did not know came to me and asked me "Are you the singer of xxxxx? I saw you when you supported yyyyy zzzz and you were brilliant!". I was embarrassed and flattered, thanked him, and shook his hand (after we both had washed our hands, I should add).

A similar thing happened some years later, again in the gents of a completely different venue, in a completely different place, where a tribute band were playing. Random guy says: "You are the singer of xxxxx! I saw you with yyyyy zzzz and you rocked!". Embarrassment guaranteed, quick chat, and polite thanks ensued.

If this happened to me, who I am not even a footnote in the history of rock and roll, I cannot imagine what famous musicians have to endure, day in and day out.
You admit you were flattered!

A good friend says her friends met Bruce at his speaking tour & he was horrible, w/ pure anger in his face as he asked to be left alone, not too politely either. Her friend was so upset they gave away all their collection & got their IM tattoo covered up/lasered off.
When and where was this? What were the circumstances of the meeting? Was it part of a meet and greet or were they chasing him down the road for a selfie?

Presuming that this happened recently you're telling us that your friend, after being snubbed by Bruce, spent the thousands it costs to laser remove a tattoo that probably cost hundreds to ink? And just gave away their Maiden collection which presumably also cost a fair amount?

What sort of fan were they really? I mean, if Nicko kicked me in the bollocks I'd still keep all my albums.

It's surprising that Bruce did react like that... Most of time, he's a perfect gentleman, smiling and doing jokes...

So not a forum member, not a friend of a forum member, but 'friends of a friend of a forum member' met Bruce and he was an asshole.

I've got no problem believing though, that out of a large quantity of fan encounters some end up being a bad experience. We're all human, not everybody is Dwayne Johnson who always makes sure fans receive good treatment no matter if he's tired on in a private setting or not.

It is very unlikely that all six of IM members will be nice.
ebade11ff9b034a51f9249f5d243da4d.jpg

So not a forum member, not a friend of a forum member, but 'friends of a friend of a forum member' met Bruce and he was an asshole.

Cause IRL when someone that I don't really know starts the story with "I've got this buddy of mine, and he's got a cousin, and he went to bla bla ..." I immediately throw the affair into 'dubious' bucket.

Here we say when a story jumps a generation, the new recipient always ads up something, some invented detail to make the story 'even better'. After 3 or 4 hands it gets out of hand pretty quick.

I also think it's kind of hilarious how people whine that members of a heavy metal band sometimes display a hint of an attitude.
Does performing a certain genre of music require being a certain type of person? I hope not.

There are plenty of metal musicians that people say are very nice, and plenty of pop musicians that people say are dicks.

Does performing a certain genre of music require being a certain type of person? I hope not.

There are plenty of metal musicians that people say are very nice, and plenty of pop musicians that people say are dicks.

I can't get behind this. Bruce isn't being a dick, the fans are being dicks in the videos. Bruce is trying to talk to people, make it to his show or catch a flight and there are people yelling at him from all sides begging for him to sign something for them. Bruce is as polite as he can be here by ignoring them or saying "next time". I don't understand what warrants the fans to film this and upload it on YouTube.

Back