Bruce Dickinson

Please no Total Eclipse. One of the few Maiden songs I genuinely dislike.
The incredibly high notes in the end didn't sound good or musical (in my opinion) when Bruce was in his prime. Nowadays, in the original key, it would be an absolute disaster.

Bruce's "Evening With..:" tour landed on Helsinki, Finland last night. Couldn't attend myself, but here's something very interesting I gathered from the clips I've seen:

Q: When are we gonna hear some new solo material?
A: SOON! Obviously, there's gonna be a Maiden tour in between me finishing the album and then you hearing it... later. I don't tell you when, it'll be a surprise... not really. There's been a lot of things around this particular record. It's been a long time. So... The record itself... I think... I'm very proud of it. It's quite special. I think you'll dig it! There's some... other stuff that's... I'm doing around it. It's hopefully going to be very interesting. There's been a lot of things I've been doing around it this year. I've been busy preparing it. -- There will be a tour."

Some other stuff he’s doing around it… Probably more spoken word tour dates. :D

Or some kind of Lord Iffy Boatrace-like weird book that none wants to read even in the toilet... :D

As a slightly more serious note, I think Bruce has expressed that he would've liked to go all-out with the Seventh Son thing back then, with a comic book or something alongside the album, so...

As the upcoming record will apparently be, to some extent, somewhat conceptual, I wonder...

Or some kind of weird movie that no one want to see... again. :D

Well, there is this:

And also this one:

I didn't want to go to the spoken word show, but I did. I am not strong-willed enough. Shame on me.

Will there be a tour for his upcoming solo album? Yes.
Will "Alexander the Great" be played on the next Maiden tour? He doesn't know.
Germany will get a special Iron Maiden beer soon.
He thinks the Iron Maiden ticket prices are moderate. He wouldn't pay 500 EUR to see someone.
He sang Beethoven's Ode to Joy ("Freud schon Gott-Fucken" :) )
Apparently he struggles with the fact that there are people who define themselves as non-binary. In his view, there was no chair for a very fat gentleman.
He considers conspiracy theorists in connection with Covid-19 to be idiots.
He starts sometimes with this, sometimes with that element when it comes to songwriting. He is very happy to leave the details to the guitarists.

I can't believe that most of the questions really came from the audience. It would be a strange coincidence that again a question was asked that gave him the opportunity of telling the anecdote with Nicko and the airplane. None of my two questions came up, although I didn't see that many cards in the box.

Now I almost forgot: Maiden wrote "Fear of the Duck" because there is this phobia where you are afraid that somewhere in the world a duck, or goose, is watching you. :)

Last edited:
I didn't want to go to the spoken word show, but I did. I am not strong-willed enough. Shame on me.

He thinks the Iron Maiden ticket prices are moderate. He wouldn't pay 500 EUR to see someone.
He sang Beethoven's Ode to Joy ("Freud schon Gott-Fucken").
Apparently he struggles with the fact that there are people who define themselves as non-binary. In his view, there was no chair for a very fat gentleman.
He starts sometimes with this, sometimes with that element when it comes to songwriting. He is very happy to leave the details to the guitarists.

I can't believe that most of the questions really came from the audience. It would be a strange coincidence that again a question was asked that gave him the opportunity of telling the anecdote with Nicko and the airplane. None of my two questions came up, although I didn't see that many cards in the box.
Sounds not so good. I never believed that any of the questions really came from the audience, not even in 2020 when I saw that whole thing in Hamburg. I wrote down 11 questions and also none of them got picked, it took place in an average sized cinema.

When I saw his one-man show in 2019 (his book was only two years old back then!) most of the "audience" questions were indeed the usual fare (plane anecdote, playing ATG, more solo music etc.) but there were some which were too oddball or location-specific to be anything other than actual audience questions. So they probably mix a few real ones in, because I really doubt Bruce was particularly interested in sharing his favorite Duran Duran song unprompted nor would his staff come up with that.

He sang Beethoven's Ode to Joy ("Freud schon Gott-Fucken" :) )

Now I almost forgot: Maiden wrote "Fear of the Duck" because there is this phobia where you are afraid that somewhere in the world a duck, or goose, is watching you. :)

Thanks for the review.

Back