Bruce Dickinson

I'm the same, have both of them, but never read either. I'm working under the assumption it's bawdy carry-on style british humour which is absolutely not anything I'd ever have any interest in reading, even from a good author.

First one. It's not Hemingway, but I honestly thought it was funny and entertaining.

There are some bits that I found slightly amusing, but the book as a whole is a big turd! :lol:

I'm wondering whether I should invest my time in reading the second one before putting it up for sale on ebay.

I'm the same, have both of them, but never read either. I'm working under the assumption it's bawdy carry-on style british humour which is absolutely not anything I'd ever have any interest in reading, even from a good author.

That was the intention, but the book is shockingly bad. :lol:

Maybe referring to the aborted album that was meant to feature Geoff Tate and Rob Halford? If I remember the story correctly, some sort of dispute with Tate led to the project being shelved (some of it shows up on Tyranny of Souls). It does seem like Bruce did less work with other artists after this, but that also coincides with Maiden becoming more of a commitment so who knows.
According to (what I recollect from) What Does This Button Do?, Bruce wanted to have Dio in "The Three Tremors", for which the songs "The One You Love To Hate" and "Tyranny of Souls" were initially written. When the management tried to impose Geoff Tate instead of RJD, he lost interest in the project.
This is the only tangible version of this potential project, as far as I know (there are other sources, but they correspond to the same thing):

I don’t treat myself often but a copy of the 25th anniversary vinyl of Accident of Birth came up cheap on Amazon. Therefore I couldn’t resist getting my favourite Bruce album on vinyl. If only Ghost of Cain was on it instead of Welcome to the Pit…

My favourite Bruce solo moment is on Road to Hell. ‘Parody of hope is the one that I must kill. We all have to live with our family inventions’ it’s just a great example of how to to vary a chorus.

If I am not mistaken, the pictures were taken and posted by his girlfriend (hence his smile).
Yep, Must have been posted earlier here aswell.
I just wanted to share those pics again, because they were on my newsfeed and now Im just so waiting for the summer and yearly Iron Maiden show.

I don’t treat myself often but a copy of the 25th anniversary vinyl of Accident of Birth came up cheap on Amazon. Therefore I couldn’t resist getting my favourite Bruce album on vinyl. If only Ghost of Cain was on it instead of Welcome to the Pit…

My favourite Bruce solo moment is on Road to Hell. ‘Parody of hope is the one that I must kill. We all have to live with our family inventions’ it’s just a great example of how to to vary a chorus.
I also bought the colored version even if I have the regular reissue..just had to have that to my collection.

Wait, there's a 25th edition of this album on vinyl? I have the solo-works boxset. Does this 25th edition have something I don't already have on vinyl?

Back