Bruce Dickinson

The song ''Midnight Jam'' (Dickinson, Smith, Z) is an outtake of AOB sessions and is based on what happens after the song ''Taking The Queen'' from the same album - strange song imo... sounds more like an intro. The song called ''Acoustic Song'' (outtake of TCW sessions) is better.

BRUCE DICKINSON Shares Thoughts On 'Challenging Yet Hugely Prosperous' Year For His Aviation Firm​

brucedickinsondec2021caerdev_638[1].jpg
In the video below, IRON MAIDEN singer Bruce Dickinson, who is also the chairman of Caerdav, a fully approved and certified Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO) and pilot training company based at the St Athan – Cardiff Airport Aerospace Enterprise Zone in South Wales, United Kingdom, shares his thoughts on what has been "a challenging, yet hugely prosperous and exciting" year for Caerdav.

Operating from a former RAF maintenance base equipped with 6,000ft ILS runway and parking for up to 20 narrow-bodied airliners, Caerdav specializes in MRO work for Airbus 320s and Boeing 737s, and provides complete training for airline pilots and cabin crew.

Founded in 2012, Caerdav is one of the only independent U.K.-based MROs, specializing in the A320 and B737 families of aircraft. The company has also trained thousands of pilots who now work in every sector of commercial aviation, ranging from B747 cargo operators to captains on national flag carriers.

Caerdav's facilities include a 6,000ft/1825m runway — just 20 minutes' flight time from London Heathrow, London Gatwick, Luton, Stansted and Manchester, and three miles from Cardiff International. Caerdav also benefits from one of the highest-specification maintenance hangars in civilian use. Additionally, Caerdav's pilot training facilities incorporate two Boeing 747-400 simulators.

Caerdav recently entered into an agreement with GE Aviation to provide engine change support for low-cost carrier Flyadeal.

Thanks for sharing. The interview has been transcribed, edited for clarity, here:

Regarding the solo album, I will believe it when (if?) it gets released.

The comment about Senjutsu is interesting, but I hope it does not mean Aces High ends up being the first encore. Bruce sounded really rough on that track in 2012-2014 and I dread to think how he could sound on that song 10 years later if they decide to play it as an encore.

A more warmed-up voice in the encore. ;)

@Austrogoth this is great to hear! It is actually very concrete.
Of course the process itself is important, but never was Bruce so clear before about (his) plans, materializing this soon!

Last edited:
Serious update on solo album and LOTB 22 at 17:31 !!

Great news about the solo album. He also said that TOS album would be great live (''Navigate The Seas Of The Sun'' is one of his favorite songs).
The comment about Senjutsu is interesting, but I hope it does not mean Aces High ends up being the first encore. Bruce sounded really rough on that track in 2012-2014 and I dread to think how he could sound on that song 10 years later if they decide to play it as an encore.
He basically confirmed that they will play 2 or 3 songs and mentioned TWOTW and the title track (they will probably do them at the beginning of the set). I thought they will save the debut of the title track for the album tour. And what about Stratego... they will save it too? I agree with you - Aces High is not right for the encores, it's a too challenging song. Although I agree with Bruce that the title track is a fantastic opening song.

I also realized something - we will see two (walk-on, I guess) Eddies for LOTB next year, which means the debut of Samurai Eddie will not be during the album tour and this will be a first in Maiden's history (you can argue about TFF tour 2010 leg, but the stage set and the name of the tour were the same as the ones for the proper album tour in 2011). Janick will have a lot of work with the two Eddies :lol: Btw, the tour poster for 2022 would be a great new backdrop for Trooper.

Great news about the solo album. He also said that TOS album would be great live (''Navigate The Seas Of The Sun'' is one of his favorite songs).

I can't watch the interview here, since he's talking about TOS live, does he mention any intention to tour?

"There are a few songs on there I'd like revisit. It'd be definitely great live."
That sounds way too good to be true. There must be a twist. Like, you know, DJ Roy-Z's Dance Floor feat. Bruce Dickonson live at House festival 2022. All your favorite Bruce Dickinson staples... WITH A DANCE TWIST. Can you say sub drop?

It's amazing to think that when Bruce released his last solo record, only a handful of our current active members were here to experience that and talk about it* (this topic is not even that old). 17 years ago! This is going to be an extremely rare Maiden related event, and not a minor one.

The oldest post I could find with Tyranny of Souls in it, from 1 April 2005, was not even on this solo board:

The reasons for Maidens shorter than usual set on the upcoming tour of the US with Ozzfest have now apparently been explained. Bruce Dickinson will not only perform an hour with Maiden but will also play just under an hour with his own band for what is expected to be his only tour dates in support of new album, Tyranny of Souls.
Bruce will once again re-unite with now Sack Trick guitarist and vocalist Chris Dale for the dates with session musicians filling in on 2nd guitar, bass and drums.

Source: [a href=\'http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000069I05.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg\' target=\'_blank\']Ozzfest Website[/a]

* I cannot find a post by myself from around this experience (or with Tyranny of Souls in it), I see a lot of anynomous posts, and I also remember I'd taken a break, perhaps it was then.
Edit: hmm, I can find other posts from March, April and July 2005, odd.

Last edited:
Back