Bruce Dickinson

667 would actually be the bloke across the street. For shame! Can't believe they got such a simple joke wrong.
I always knew it as 666, number of the beast, 665 neighbour of the beast, 664 the bloke next door?
Just came across this commentary about numerological concepts in William Blake; would perfectly fit the podcast, right?

There are, in fact, "Twenty-seven Heavens and a l l their Hells" stretching between the earth and the firmament. Twenty-seven is the cube of three and three is the number of the natural man. Blake's universe is four- fold and so four is his perfect number. Three falls short of this, just as 666, the number of the Beast in the Revelation, falls short of the perfect number seven. Seven is the number most frequently mentioned
in Revelation (seven spirits, seven angels with seven bowls, seven churches, seven lampstands, seven eyes of God). Seven multiplied by four equals twenty-eight, so the "twenty-eighth heaven" is the perfect heaven whereas the twenty-seven heavens imply something ominously lacking, reaching to the sky but not to eternity. In fact, they are a l l opaque.

667 would actually be the bloke across the street. For shame! Can't believe they got such a simple joke wrong.

Depends on where you live. I happen to live in Berlin where this is not always the case. Depending on where you are in the city and when the quarter was built, it's wholly possible that 666 can be followed by 667 on the same side, while on the other side of the street it's 54 or something.

That also popped on my mind but I didn't write it. I was raised in a street which doesn't follow this rule. My building were lower even numbers between like 10-20. Before, after, and the odds were elsewhere around and it's not across the street. Across the street is a sister building which happens to be another address.

Why? Well in this case the smallish north-south street gets terminated by longish east-west building, therefore making a T.

Something cool and unseen for me before...

Bruce takes us around the stage with his camera during the BNW tour (he used a camera only for this tour, if I'm not mistaken):

Something cool and unseen for me before...

Bruce takes us around the stage with his camera during the BNW tour (he used a camera only for this tour, if I'm not mistaken):

If I remember correctly, he did that for a couple of videos for the official website during the Japanese tour in 2000.

If I remember correctly, he did that for a couple of videos for the official website during the Japanese tour in 2000.
Yes, I remember the other one but I'm not sure if it was on that tour or at the end of the Dance of Death Tour but I'm sure it was in Japan. I remember other one where Bruce was talking by phone or with a laptop under the light of a lamp on the backstage. Good times when that kind of things entertained us while they were on tour.

Which solo song/s of Bruce do you think sounds the most like a Maiden song? Or the one you think will fit perfectly on a Maiden album?

I think the undisputed winner is ''Road To Hell'' (Smith/Dickinson) - it could have been a hit song for Maiden in the 90's.

''Tears Of The Dragon'', ''Darkside Of Aquarius'', ''Power Of The Sun'', ''The Tower'', ''The Magician'', ''Return Of The King'' and ''The Breeding House'' are all songs that have a Maiden vibe in them imo.

I think you have pretty much mentioned those I were thinking of. Also a couple of Tattoed millionaire songs could have fitted No prayer for the dying or Fear of the dark, since a couple of songs from those two albums sound like leftovers from Tattooed millionaire

I think you have pretty much mentioned those I were thinking of. Also a couple of Tattoed millionaire songs could have fitted No prayer for the dying or Fear of the dark, since a couple of songs from those two albums sound like leftovers from Tattooed millionaire
Imagine Maiden's version of Dive, Dive, Dive :lol:

• Wow
Reactions: Jer
Back