Bruce Dickinson

You know I always wondered if the line "conjure the jester again" in IESF was a deliberate nod towards the AoB cover art or something. It seems like it'd be fitting in a metanarrative sense since Bruce intended for IESF to be the title track and opening song of his next solo album, but at the same time I don't really know if I'm just reading too much into it.

I'm listening to the second disc of Balls To Picasso's 2001 Remaster for the first time. Anyone know of a source for information about it?

You know I always wondered if the line "conjure the jester again" in IESF was a deliberate nod towards the AoB cover art or something. It seems like it'd be fitting in a metanarrative sense since Bruce intended for IESF to be the title track and opening song of his next solo album, but at the same time I don't really know if I'm just reading too much into it.
Probably. That's what I thought when I heard this first time but I didn't say anything because you would kill me with laugh. :)

Bruce: ''Steve is a great fan of Nektar and Scorpions. I was not that crazy about Judas Priest until I toured with them. And with the Scorpions was the same. I never really got into Priest that much apart from 'Sad Wings Of Destiny' until I toured with them, and then I went, 'Wow. They do some really cool stuff''.

There is so much going at the moment that the news went unnoticed, by me at least. Bruce to perform again Jon Lords Concerto for group and orchestra in Gyor, Hungary, on Nov 5th.

Samson's ballad ''Communion'' is one of Bruce's best performances imo - great showcase of his range at a young age.

-> this is probably the best song of Samson (along with ''Riding With The Angels'').

Back