Bruce Dickinson

We can make an exception for this, now I'm intrigued.
I would like to see the move that breaks a person’s back and their heart at the same time. Maybe it’s in that new Mortal Kombat movie.

57lgsn-jpg.14441
Still trying to figure out what Xi Jinping has to do with this...

LOL the impact of downloading on the music industry, that 90 million figure for Maiden hasn't changed in donkey's years.

Also, story sounds cringe, if the story is not about Bruce as he claims, than why centre it around his gig? Smells like a fairly shit movie dreamt up to milk the Maiden fan base once more. Expect another soundtrack release as well etc.

This whole new film thing is really odd. What’s the need of making another film about something that has already been (superbly) told? Is it an ego trip? Is it a way of cashing in? Is it a showcase of a lack of original ideas?

Bruce seems to get a lot things wrong about Sarajevo in this interview, which does not bode well for the film:

As a massive fan of Bruce’s solo career, I wish he would release the solo album he has been working on with Roy Z since 2013 instead.

This whole new film thing is really odd. What’s the need of making another film about something that has already been (superbly) told? Is it an ego trip? Is it a way of cashing in? Is it a showcase of a lack of original ideas?
Is this just Bruce being given a cheque of untold numbers of pounds sterling in exchange for an ego-soothing film about how he, specifically, went to Sarajevo for a gig in the middle of a war, retelling the tale he already shared from a more personal, human perspective in his book, also depicted from the viewpoint of his bandmates and others involved in the process in the 2016 documentary, that he notoriously wasn't present for on account of cancer treatment? Who knows! Time will tell.

(I hate to be a pessimist but it's almost certainly a combination of money and Bruce missing out on it during the first revisit.)

Back