Bruce Dickinson

There's a programme site still up but unfortunately you can't listen to the shows anymore. But if you're interested in the music played on these shows, you can still click on each episode and see the playlist, which is pretty cool!!

There are several shows missing. Bruce started doing the BBC 6 Music Rock Show in 2002, originally on Saturdays. He also presented the Freak Zone, which highlighted his eclectic musical taste, on Sundays for a couple of years.

I remember getting a shout out and song request played once on the show. I requested the Smashing Pumpkins, as I was going to see them live. It was a great show. The final episode had some great song choices.

When Blaze's former guitarists were releasing their first album with their band "Rise to Addiction" on an independent label, he played one of their songs, a nice gesture.

There's a programme site still up but unfortunately you can't listen to the shows anymore. But if you're interested in the music played on these shows, you can still click on each episode and see the playlist, which is pretty cool!!

Thanks. I work third shift and used to listen to The Friday Rock Show online. I’m mainly interested in the various interviews and the commentaries.

Back