Bruce Dickinson

Some people I know, that aren't much fans of Bruce or Maiden, they just don't get me when I praise Bruce's voice.
It's still so good and powerful and based on the many recordings, he's done the absolute opposite (as compared to other singers) that he has somehow managed to heal and take really good care of his voice, he absolutely nails it nowadays and sound better than in the 80's.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but it was interesting to read that Bruce has used his experience of fighting cancer in helping Dave Mustaine. Also, Bruce did struggle with his voice for a while after his treatment, before coming back even stronger. This is the first-ever interview ever since Mustaine's cancer diagnosis I believe.

This is the part where Mustaine speaks about Bruce.

Have you started singing yet?
No, I didn’t sing yet. I spoke with Bruce [Dickinson] from Iron Maiden, and he said when he had his disease [a cancerous tumor on the back of his tongue], after his treatment was done, he was told that he needed between three to six months of rest. He said to me that he didn’t listen and had a little bit of trouble, so then he realized he needed to listen. So he did and his voice came back stronger than ever. I care so much about Bruce; he was another really supportive brother to me during this whole thing. He explained to me how he did it, and it really helped. I’m just looking forward to if there’s ever a circumstance where this happens to another one of my peers, I can return the favor and help them. It’s a tricky disease, but they’ve got doctors all over the place that are figuring this shit out.

Maybe slightly off-topic, but it was interesting to read that Bruce has used his experience of fighting cancer in helping Dave Mustaine. Also, Bruce did struggle with his voice for a while after his treatment, before coming back even stronger. This is the first-ever interview ever since Mustaine's cancer diagnosis I believe.

This is the part where Mustaine speaks about Bruce.

Have you started singing yet?
No, I didn’t sing yet. I spoke with Bruce [Dickinson] from Iron Maiden, and he said when he had his disease [a cancerous tumor on the back of his tongue], after his treatment was done, he was told that he needed between three to six months of rest. He said to me that he didn’t listen and had a little bit of trouble, so then he realized he needed to listen. So he did and his voice came back stronger than ever. I care so much about Bruce; he was another really supportive brother to me during this whole thing. He explained to me how he did it, and it really helped. I’m just looking forward to if there’s ever a circumstance where this happens to another one of my peers, I can return the favor and help them. It’s a tricky disease, but they’ve got doctors all over the place that are figuring this shit out.

Nice that his first thought is how he can use the experience to help someone else later on.

That probably should have posted in the Megadave thread. Now, in time honoured Maidenfans tradition, you're talking about the wrong band.

Back