August
15 - Mexico City, Metropolitan Theater - Mexico
18 - San Jose, CCCR - Costa Rica
20 - Bogota, Jorge Eliecer Gaitan Theater - Colombia
21 - Lima, CCL - Peru
23 - Santiago, Corpartes Theater - Chile
25 - Buenos Aires, Estadio Obras - Argentina
26 - Sao Paulo, Tom Brazil - Brazil

Jesus Bruce, it's not even that good of a book.

The "What Does This Milking a Book Tour Do" tour continues into next August:

August
21 - Lima, CCL - Peru

Dream of album #17 in september 2020 definitly dead.

August
21 - Lima, CCL - Peru

Thanks! Maiden Schedule updated!

August
21 - Lima, CCL - Peru

Divorce now confirmed!

August
21 - Lima, CCL - Peru

He has to pander to the Latin American audience though.

I was bit surprised as saw some dates added, well Bruce hasn't promoted and talked to all the audiences yet..and for sure, it's fun and entertaining show anyways.

An article in French Canadian reviewing the first night.

I tried to translate in english the short passage about Bruce. Sorry for the numerous mistakes.

"Bruce Dickinson wore a pink shirt and a black jacket to fulfill his solo role in the second movement. With restraint, eyes never venturing far from the ground or its partition, he delivered the few vocal segments in a confident, melodic, well-modulated voice.

Those who came to see the Iron Maiden singer at work had more to “get their teeth into” in the second part of the show, for pieces of Deep Purple that lent themselves more to expressive momentum/ardor. He had fun singing on Pictures of Home and was languorous on When A Blind Man Cries (after receiving some "We Love You, Bruce!"). Calls began to fly and the staff had a little more trouble preventing phone users from capturing the moment."

He sounded great singing Maiden songs when I last saw him (2018), definitely better than 30 years earlier singing the same songs (those written before 1988, obviously).
Concur.

My basis for comparison is on bootlegs and live releases, of course, but I'd say when Bruce was on form during the 2019 tour, he was excellent. Not as good as on the albums, but that's an impossible bar to clear. He sounded much better now live than in 1984. The two shows I saw had Bruce in great form. In Montreal, he nailed the first 4-5 songs to a superlative bar, then his voice declined a bit. In Indy, he was a little less good on the opening part of the set but his voice held up way better through the night.

Here's the YouTube clip:

His voice here sounds AWESOME. Maiden songs don't fit his voice now, he doesn't sound good enough on them. But singing this slow melodic stuff shows in what greate vocal shape he now is.

It's not about the speed of Maiden songs, it's about the pitch. This is lower than most Maiden tunes (except some of the Blaze songs from the most recent tour on which Bruce sounded absolutely phenomenal).

My basis for comparison is on bootlegs and live releases, of course, but I'd say when Bruce was on form during the 2019 tour, he was excellent. Not as good as on the albums, but that's an impossible bar to clear. He sounded much better now live than in 1984. The two shows I saw had Bruce in great form. In Montreal, he nailed the first 4-5 songs to a superlative bar, then his voice declined a bit. In Indy, he was a little less good on the opening part of the set but his voice held up way better through the night.

I think Bruce sounds better live nowadays than he did in the mid-80s, but I'm still going to include this video in my official thesis, "Tunings, Vocalists, and Quality, A Case for Maiden Tuning Down Live"

Reactions: Yax
I never thought I'll see Bruce to perform with a (pink) shirt and a black vest. :lol:

Last edited:
Bruce sounds really amazing here. Absolutely nailed it. In the 2018 shows that I saw he sounded awesome, but these slower, moody melodic songs really show perfectly another side of Bruce as we just don't hear much of this slower stuff with Maiden.
Have to keep looking for some longer clips, full songs with pristine quality (if those can be found from youtube etc).

Back