Bruce Dickinson

Too generic. How many other people do you think will say something to that effect? Try again.
OK fine, I'll just stand there and be star struck. :lol: If you meet someone like that, I don't think there is any right or wrong thing to say as long as you don't say anything stupid and don't freak out and act all star struck. Why do you think that's too generic and why are you telling me to try again? How is one supposed to know the right thing to say in a moment like that?

Agreed. I am so glad Maiden are not doing meet and greets like so many other musicians.

@Travis The Dragon : just to clarify things Bruce's event is not a meet and greet where you are charged to meet someone. The format is like what you can watch here:

He still reads excepts from book? Even on these new dates? I had a feeling it was something like spoken word or watered down stand-up.

And yes, 80-90 euro is too much. What I noticed on these new dates is that they're giving the book with every ticket bought. Sales declined?

@Travis The Dragon if you met Bruce Dickinson what would you say to him?

You may not say:
  • "I'm a big fan"
  • "you're such a big inspiration to me"
  • "My favourite songs you've done are..."

The point is that Travis is delighted to meet Bruce, not the other was around. In that matter, I don't think Travis wouldn't mind just standing there being star struck and Bruce being annoyed seeing petrified fan for n-th time. To Bruce it wouldn't mean much, to Travis - it would mean a lot.

I see that as a speaker performance not meet and greet. Maiden ticket prices in UK are about 2x from what we pay here. Considering some average-level conferences and symposiums here cost about 500e on average for a 3-4 full days, same kind of shit would be 1000e in UK which is about 12 Dickinson gigs. Dickinson is a relevant authority on things he speaks about on his presentation. You would need to attend 12 of those inside 3-4 day symposium to get your value out of the money paid.

When he did his Southampton book signing I was seriously considering trying to ask "Can you think which of your solo songs connects an oil rig to a Maiden song?" But then I worked it out myself a couple of days before. (And then didn't make it to the book signing because I was stuck in traffic ... :()

I see that as a speaker performance not meet and greet. Maiden ticket prices in UK are about 2x from what we pay here. Considering some average-level conferences and symposiums here cost about 500e on average for a 3-4 full days, same kind of shit would be 1000e in UK which is about 12 Dickinson gigs. Dickinson is a relevant authority on things he speaks about on his presentation. You would need to attend 12 of those inside 3-4 day symposium to get your value out of the money paid.
No, it's not your typical backstage meet 'n greet, but it's still a chance to actually meet Bruce which in my opinion is pretty fucking awesome and worth it for the price you pay compared to what bands just as big as Maiden charge for actual meet 'n greets.

No, it's not your typical backstage meet 'n greet, but it's still a chance to actually meet Bruce which in my opinion is pretty fucking awesome and worth it for the price you pay compared to what bands just as big as Maiden charge for actual meet 'n greets.

You still don't actually meet him. You go, and sit and listen to him read from his book in a theatre, and then you leave. You might get a pre-signed copy of his book, but you don't meet him.

I saw Bruce Dickinson at a grocery store in Belgrade yesterday. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything.
He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Back