Bruce Dickinson

Really expensive indeed! He probably needs to keep on putting money into his failing Cardiff Aviation venture...

Even though I somewhat admire his tenacity and willingness to risk his own money in setting up a business while he could comfortably live as a tax exile instead, why not admit defeat and spend all that energy working on a new solo album instead?

It's less cost and time expensive to earn money doing things like book talks and other smaller projects. Doing an album and a tour costs money and might not be worth it considering album sales today....

Doing an album and a tour costs money and might not be worth it considering album sales today....

Any sales figures for the Book of Souls?

That point might certainly apply to a lot of bands, but I'd be very surprised if Maiden aren't still selling significant numbers of albums.

EDIT: Sorry I was being dense, you meant a Bruce album.

Any sales figures for the Book of Souls?

That point might certainly apply to a lot of bands, but I'd be very surprised if Maiden aren't still selling significant numbers of albums.

EDIT: Sorry I was being dense, you meant a Bruce album.

Yeah I meant Bruce pouring money into making a studio album, paying for studio time, paying for musicians etc and then paying for it all to go out on the road in a tour under his own name. That's a big risk and we know that he definitely will not sell albums or draw even close in concert attendance to what he would be making if the album and tour had "Iron Maiden" in the title...There's a big chance that he might just break even doing it..but I don't see that there's much to win financially for him doing a solo album and tour. And then there's the whole time issue because everything needs to done when Maiden ain't active.

On the other hand. Doing book promotions and small talks = pays much more than what he himself puts into it of time and money..

Last edited:
I'll keep my money for other concerts then.

Sounds like a plan. :D

I have been fortunate enough to see Bruce solo (back in 1997) and then doing several one-off appearances (the infamous Canterbury Rock at Christmas gig with Ian Anderson in 2011, the Buddy Rich tribute gig with Ian Paice in 2012, The Sunflower Jam at the Royal Albert Hall in 2012, Celebrating Jon Lord at the Royal Albert Hall in 2014). These days we are much more likely to see him doing something like the latter rather than a solo gig.

I think Bruce will do a solo album, because he wants that, not for money - he's full of them.

The sales of albums today are not the same like in the 80's, but the bands continues to release them, because of themselves.... they want to create new music IMO.

Well, I thought the questions etc. could be diverse and perhaps more spontaneous/quick, without pre-selection.

The format is the same, with the questions selected by Bruce during the interval.

I really enjoyed the London event, and would not mind attending another one, but probably not for 80.00€.

So, for under $100, you can actually meet Bruce and get your book signed? That seems pretty damn amazing to me and the more he tours, the more people will get a chance to meet him.
No offense, Travis, but I just can't get your point. If you really admire someone, I think it's even more offensive to realize he is greedy enough to charge you for a signature and a pic. A few years ago, I had to choose wether or not I would pay 90 euros to "meet" Sabbath. I absolutely love Iommi and Geezer, but I just couldn't accept to do this, even though I knew it was my last chance to stand next to those guys.

No offense, Travis, but I just can't get your point. If you really admire someone, I think it's even more offensive to realize he is greedy enough to charge you for a signature and a pic. A few years ago, I had to choose wether or not I would pay 90 euros to "meet" Sabbath. I absolutely love Iommi and Geezer, but I just couldn't accept to do this, even though I knew it was my last chance to stand next to those guys.

Agreed. I am so glad Maiden are not doing meet and greets like so many other musicians.

@Travis The Dragon : just to clarify things Bruce's event is not a meet and greet where you are charged to meet someone. The format is like what you can watch here:

The format is the same, with the questions selected by Bruce during the interval.

I really enjoyed the London event, and would not mind attending another one, but probably not for 80.00€.
I'm pretty sure others did the selection. Bruce does not prepare the questions, and looks as if he sees a note for the first time.

I’ve never had the urge to pay to meet a celebrity. It just sounds awkward and a weird thing to pay for. A masterclass or public speaking event is different, but this seems pretty pricey.

I got a chance to interact with Bruce and Adrian twice — at the Accident Of Birth release party in California in 1997, and interviewing them on their tour bus when they came to Minneapolis later that year. They were both very approachable and easy to talk to, and the interview in particular was a great window into their personalities.

While I would enjoy speaking with them again, I can already check that one off my bucket list, so I’ll be OK if it doesn’t happen. And I wouldn’t pay for it either.

Ya, I know what you all mean about paying to meet a band or celebrity. It really doesn't seem right. Bring back the days when you would just enter contests for that stuff. It made it much more exciting.

In a interview last year Bruce said he would be promoting the book for 2 years. So I think since the beginning it was planned that the book tour would continue until 2019. If he would do this book event here in Brazil, I would definitely go, because it's really entertaining and I admire other aspects of his life and personality, not just the music, although the music is what made me a fan in the first place. But yeah I also would prefer a new album if I could choose.

Back