Bruce Dickinson

It was on one of the many speculation threads over the past week or two
He said in the latest video interview (together with his son) that he thought it was not their strongest album. Might be in the British Lion / Steve Harris topic. Posted by harrisdevot.

He said in the latest video interview (together with his son) that he thought it was not their strongest album. Might be in the British Lion / Steve Harris topic. Posted by harrisdevot.

He said he thinks it is a very strong album but would not necessarily say it is their best. :)

And that's highly unusual to say of the latest album.

His personal situation (death of a close friend and family member) before the recording of the album might have had something to do on how he viewed it when he was interviewed. If I remember correctly, he also said when promoting the album (might have been on one of the FC magazines) that he did not enjoy the recording as a result of those personal tragedies.

He is fond of TXF while he went through tragedy as well (separation).

True, but he also felt at the time that it was him against the world. ;)

Anyway, I do not particularly care if he thinks TBOS is their best album or not. To me it is one of their best post-reunion albums and definitely better than anything they released without Adrian during the 90s, regardless of what Steve might think about TXF. :D

Suit yourself. When someone from Maiden judges own work (other than "great", "the best"), I always find that interesting. The timing of this makes it unique.

I also find it interesting. It would also be interesting if someone asked Steve which Maiden albums are his favourite ones at this point in time (as far as I know the last time he was asked this question by an interviewer was back in 2005...).

We have gone completely off-topic! :lol:

Back