Bruce Dickinson

____no5 said:
yeah he is, but not qualified...
...I mean, he can fly merchandises but not people
so... he is not really a pilot

The task of piloting an airplane doesn't have anything to do with if there're people on board or not? In that case, most of the military fighter "pilots" wouldn't be called pilots but "aeroplane chauffeurs" or something like that. It sounds a bit silly, doesn't it? :uhm:

____no5 said:
yeah he is, but not qualified...
...I mean, he can fly merchandises but not people
so... he is not really a pilot

No, he can fly commercial airliners.  Hence the fact that he can fly Bruce Air, that he flew the British ex-pats out of Beirut, and that my friend's sister was once flown back to Britain from Austria by him...on a scheduled flight.

Two comments.

One, that is so true Perun, everytime I say Bruce Dickinson if anyone knows who I'm talking about (in this lousy school very few) then they immediately turn round and say 'oh, oh, d'you know he's a pilot?'. My response is always, 'Yes. And he's a film producer, author, professional fencer, radio show host, and Metal Legend'.  B)

Two, I don't know what you mean by qualified no5, but if the pilots who fly commercial airlines aren't qualified then maybe we should all start to worry. After all, he used to fly for British Airways.  :blink:

I should have titled my thread "Happy Birthday Brucey", but I titled it "I'm getting a head start on this one!" cuz of you Europeans who are at least 5 hours ahead of me in the Eastern US... :D

I had the first "official" Brucey birthday thread!  :innocent:

By the way, 4 years ago today, I saw my 2nd Maiden show!! 8-8-03!  :yey:

Call me a softie or what not, but I have been listening to Accident Of Birth a lot recently and my Flash drive plays the songs in alphabetical order, not track order. So after the title track came on, Arc Of Space came on. On the album it's the last track, right?

Well...tears came to my eyes hearing it on my way to work at 7AM this morning... :blush:
That is one hell of a ballad!

If you want to hear it in album order, then just put the track number in front of the file name.  Eg. "6. Road to Hell".  That's what I did with my old MP3 player.

Oh, and sorry for being a bit off topic.

LooseCannon said:
Or buy an iPod.

HAHAHA!  Oh, LC, you're pure gold...a true stand-up.

Anyway, if your flash drive can't read ID3 tags, then you'll need to put the track number as part of the file name...that'll work then.

The new iPods are pretty spiff, imo.  160 gb?  It's actually too much.  The first iPod I can't fill.

160 GB?  That's bigger than my whole freakin' hard drive!

But the Nano with video qualities and cover flow does interest me...  :wub:

Don't even mention it. :wub:  It's a shame I got my iPod just 9 months ago (for christmas, actually).  Now, for the same price, I could have gotten an 8Gb one (instead of 4), AND with video qualities.

Invader said:
Don't even mention it. :wub:  It's a shame I got my iPod just 9 months ago (for christmas, actually).  Now, for the same price, I could have gotten an 8Gb one (instead of 4), AND with video qualities.
Yeah,  and after another 9 months,  the same 8 gb will cost even less.  It's how it works man  ;).

LooseCannon said:
The new iPods are pretty spiff, imo.  160 gb?  It's actually too much.  The first iPod I can't fill.

Really? I've got a 30 gb one and i'm having a hard time filling it!!!

Back