Bruce Dickinson

Before the gig I was sitting outside a pub with a beer in my hand, wearing a Maiden shirt (obviously) and a student of mine happens to pass by (not going to the gig). When he saw me he was all humble, apologising for his term paper being late...

Just came back from the Berlin gig. The setlist was amazing, all the songs I wished for where there. They changed the order quite a lot from previous gigs. Very surprised they played Darkside of Aquarius as THE LAST song. They didn’t play full Frankenstein but a super short version of it, which was cool. They also somehow merged The Tower and Road to Hell - I didn’t notice when one song went into the other! Anyway, I’m extremely happy with the setlist we got.

I think Bruce was amazing and nailed every track, even Aquarius at the end, but I have nothing to compare it to, because I wanted to hear the songs for the first time in person, not YouTube. The band was great, especially Naslund who had fantastic presence and energy.

Just came back from the Berlin gig. The setlist was amazing, all the songs I wished for where there. They changed the order quite a lot from previous gigs. Very surprised they played Darkside of Aquarius as THE LAST song. They didn’t play full Frankenstein but a super short version of it, which was cool. They also somehow merged The Tower and Road to Hell - I didn’t notice when one song went into the other! Anyway, I’m extremely happy with the setlist we got.

I think Bruce was amazing and nailed every track, even Aquarius at the end, but I have nothing to compare it to, because I wanted to hear the songs for the first time in person, not YouTube. The band was great, especially Naslund who had fantastic presence and energy.
Great to read all that! Looking forward a lot for tomorrow, will attend the Hamburg show. I saw Bruce solo in 1998 during the Chemical Wedding tour, so it's about time again I suppose... :cool:

Not my video, but someone has already posted Darkside of Aquarius from tonight, so you can judge for yourself how Bruce did at the very end of the show. It’s a tough song in a tough spot, but I think he did well!

The problem is that Roy does this often. He did this long before Mandrake Project was finished and yet was still able to be on the album. Saying there's a "falling out" or that things aren't well between the parties implies more of a back and forth but it is always a one sided situation of Roy Z moaning on social media. I'm assuming the cause of these online drunken rants is also the cause of Roy Z not being on the tour. I also don't think it's going to lead to Bruce cutting ties with him as a co-writer/studio musician because I don't think this is anything new.
This. Disappointing behavior from Roy. Bruce always speaks highly of him (no falling-out) and the cool band didn't deserve that, they're just doing their job as live members. I don't think he should blame anyone else (as seen from some of the videos shared here, sadly). If he was part of the tour, he would have definitely needed a 2nd guitarist. I think maybe that played a role in the lack of solos on the album or more riffs (as usual from him). About the songwriting credits, there are no ''his songs'' because they are co-written. Yesterday, he shared a post about the upcoming live single, with the same words that he played, produced and wrote bass and guitar parts, but added ''thanks'' and ''ready to go soon'' at the end. So there's that.

In another post (in the studio) from a day ago, it seems TOG's band will be back soon and he's writing songs for them now.
Great. Interesting order. 4 songs encore! Faith and Tears were there. I think Bruce did Aquarius as the last song because the difficult high chorus is not repeated in the second part of the song. They merged Tower and Road To Hell? Now I'm curious. One of the songs was shorter, like a medley? It looks like Many Doors won't be coming back.

For over 20 years I've dreamed of hearing Chemical Wedding live, and I've long given up hope. Now I heard it, and during the intro, I stood absolutely paralysed, with shiver running down my whole body in several waves, and I swear I'm not exaggerating. I've never experienced anything like this at a concert, not even my first Maiden gig. I know I will remember this moment forever.

I can totally relate to your feelings. Last Thursday, I finally saw the show, and it had taken 34 years to happen. I couldn't see Bruce live in concert in the '90s because I was in the army or otherwise busy with school or something else that didn't allow me to join the show as easily as today.

I wasn't sure if I would ever see him live in concert before The Mandrake Project, but once that was announced, I had some hope. I followed the developments and prayed for a live event near me, as it had been so long since he last toured, which was very briefly in 2002.
I've seen Maiden plenty of times over the years, so of course, I had waited and hoped to see Bruce live someday, as his solo material is a different kind of beast.

I was seriously hyped and eagerly awaited the show. Then, when the concert started, it felt truly surreal and unreal. The songs that I had heard hundreds if not thousands of times before were now being played live right in front of me. I was mesmerized and completely immersed in the moment. From the moment the concert started all the way to the last encores, it was one helluva ride, and I had plenty of fun going through all the emotions.

Last edited:
It makes me sad to see him in such state. Really sad. The first video I knew before, but especially the last one is hard to take, and even though I don't speak or understand any Spanish it's plain to see something seriously got out of control with him.
What makes things even worse I guess is the fact that, according to Bruce's own mentioning, Roy once was a crack addict out in the streets of L.A. before they first met, so Roy should be even more careful with any kind of substance abuse than a person without such history from the past should be already.

I wouldn't read that much into those videos. The first one was filmed on a night out and in the third one Roy Z is doing an interview in Portuguese, which is not his mother tongue.

In Spanish from Spain, the word 'puta' is whore, bitch… so its masculine is 'puto' : it's what you say, because it also have that meaning, it's not necessary for the homosexual. It's just for someone who offer her/his sexual services for money.

But I think in Mexican Spanish could mean f**ker, w**ker, son of a bitch… and I think it's what Roy wants to express with that word.

@putos then means he's given Tanya a pass?

So, on my way to the Hamburg show now :) I hope All The Young Dudes will be back in the set tonight :D
Have great times and fun at the show. Wish that I could see Bruce live again..I need to do that someday, not this tour but maybe the next one.
By the way, maybe they will play medley of the Tattooed Millionaire highlights:D

Back