Bruce Dickinson

Actually, a day or two ago, while making something to eat, I also had a thought in mind that something is really wrong between Roy and Bruce. First he was on touring poster then he was removed... Such important things are discussed in advance. And last clue for me was.... Roy was not on Bruce's Wedding (that's right, yes?) This fact is very telling, imo.
If Bruce will not work with Roy in the future, we will get no more the chemical weddingish sounding albums, right? :confused:

People here didn't catch this. Things are not well between Bruce, the house band of hell and Roy Z. Check this out:

He took it out a few hours after posting (this was on May 21st) and today, he called them '@putos' about releasing 'Resurrection Men' single, saying he composed, produced and played guitars and bass'. That's really sad and weird, the way it turned out.

Thanks for sharing that!

For anyone wondering about the meaning of “putos”, as an insult it could be loosely translated as “arseholes” (if you are kind) or “buggers” (in the literal meaning, i.e., sodomites).

Last edited:
Discussing Roy and Bruce has always been fair game. The tabloid talk was when people kept hyperfocusing on the looks of Bruce's wife.

I read all posts and i didn't find one where somebody commented on the looks of Bruce's wife. That would be something like "Bruce's wife has an ugly nose etc.".
Some commenters including me mentioned the heavy photoshopping on the wedding photos, that are not private because he published them.
But that has nothing to do with looks.
You can photoshop ugly or beautiful people in a way that you can't recognize them anymore and to me it is weird to do that with a photo because it contradicts the purpose of a photo.

...Saying there's a "falling out" or that things aren't well between the parties implies more of a back and forth but it is always a one sided situation of Roy Z moaning on social media. ...

I don't understand this comment. If everything is fine in a relationship with someone and nothing has happened, you don't post stuff like that, even when you're drunk.

I don't understand this comment. If everything is fine in a relationship with someone and nothing has happened, you don't post stuff like that, even when you're drunk.
I guess what I'm saying is that even though Roy Z was posting this sort of stuff on social media before the release of TMP, he still got to play on the album and apparently was at least initially intended to be the touring guitarist. I'm not saying things are fine in the relationship, but I am very skeptical that this is going to affect future collaborations with Bruce. Maybe it does affect Roy's chance of touring with Bruce, but even before this incident I have been skeptical that Roy Z will ever play in Bruce's live band.

I read all posts and i didn't find one where somebody commented on the looks of Bruce's wife. That would be something like "Bruce's wife has an ugly nose etc.".
Some commenters including me mentioned the heavy photoshopping on the wedding photos, that are not private because he published them.
But that has nothing to do with looks.
You can photoshop ugly or beautiful people in a way that you can't recognize them anymore and to me it is weird to do that with a photo because it contradicts the purpose of a photo.
Talking about photoshop (and keep bringing it up weeks later!) on a heavy metal forum is tabloid talk. Her photoshop skills have nothing to do with the music and it's getting so incredibly tiring that you can't let go of something as simple as that. You are obviously free to do whatever you want, I'm not an admit, but I'm also free to call out behavior that I find to be pretty embarassing and not fitting with the topic or forum. But I guess you'll complain in a couple weeks again, so we might as well just ignore each other.

Discussing Bruce's and Roy's relationship has never been an issue and never categorized as tabloid talk. In fact you can go back several pages and see that no one had an issue with discussing Roy. At best it was said that we didn't have enough information about a theoretical falling out. That you had to bring up the whole "tabloid talk" topic when it is entirely irrelevant just proves my point. Too much drama farming for my tastes. :facepalm:

By the way,why didn't this interviewer ask why The Parchment can't be played. Maybe Bruce would have dropped a little hint at least, so we had an idea at least.

My spontaneous impression when reading the interview was that it would simply not fit in with the concepts of what is planned.
But that's just speculation.
Yes, it's a pity that there weren't more follow-up questions in this interview.

My spontaneous impression when reading the interview was that it would simply not fit in with the concepts of what is planned.
But that's just speculation.
Yes, it's a pity that there weren't more follow-up questions in this interview.
We need to gather interesting questions here and send one of our own :D

People here didn't catch this. Things are not well between Bruce, the house band of hell and Roy Z. Check this out:

He took it out a few hours after posting (this was on May 21st) and today, he called them '@putos' about releasing 'Resurrection Men' single, saying he composed, produced and played guitars and bass'. That's really sad and weird, the way it turned out.
the band is cool, they don't take a position here. i recently shared a Instagram story mentioning and thanking roy z for the lead solo of navigate, also mentioned philip naslund for perfect delivery. philip shared my story, again mentioning roy z, and wrote on that story: "i'm just a messenger". so the band is acting cool and know the big credit roy deserves.

i hope all this mess will be solved between bruce and roy.
but my guess is that roy's addiction (which is the main theme on man in the mirror and roy says that in an interview, bruce wrote it for roy) was the main problem. bruce is no different than steve. he wants discipline. this is a long tour. and maybe bruce didn't agree with roy z about that one guitar thing like all we did.

...philip shared my story, again mentioning roy z, and wrote on that story: "i'm just a messenger". so the band is acting cool and know the big credit roy deserves.

That's cool, but I agree with what was written here before. They don't have to do that. I'm a little disappointed in Roy.

... bruce is no different than steve. he wants discipline. this is a long tour. and maybe bruce didn't agree with roy z about that one guitar thing like all we did.

I don't know. None of this could have suddenly dawned on Bruce after he announced Roy as a touring guitarist and had posters made.
Touring as a musician, dancer etc. requires a lot of stamina and discipline. That has always been the case and is not a new insight.
The poster also shows that Bruce initially was fine with 1 guitarist.

That's cool, but I agree with what was written here before. They don't have to do that. I'm a little disappointed in Roy.

I don't know. None of this could have suddenly dawned on Bruce after he announced Roy as a touring guitarist and had posters made.
Touring as a musician, dancer etc. requires a lot of stamina and discipline. That has always been the case and is not a new insight.
The poster also shows that Bruce initially was fine with 1 guitarist.
He might have seen that 1 guitar is not working after the rehearsals and the poster work might have been done before. He might see it as a risk to tour with one guitarist who have drinking habits. Or Bruce is a narcisist who fires his best man just before the tour for no reason. We’ll never know. (I used narcissist word because Roy also shared a video about narcissists recently)

Back