Bruce Dickinson

It seems Maiden won't tour next year. At least not before september. That means a lot of things : a new album recorded by Iron Maiden on early 2025, then a U.S. and South American tour for Bruce Dickinson (and maybe some summer festival dates in Europe). Before releasing the new Iron Maiden masterpiece in september and going on stage for a new album tour. ;)

It seems Maiden won't tour next year. At least not before september. That means a lot of things : a new album recorded by Iron Maiden on early 2025, then a U.S. and South American tour for Bruce Dickinson (and maybe some summer festival dates in Europe). Before releasing the new Iron Maiden masterpiece in september and going on stage for a new album tour. ;)
I think this info is not as clear cut as it seems at first sight. It could mean less Maiden dates on a bigger scale with gaps in between.

I doubt that Maiden won't tour in Europe in the summer next year.

I think this info is not as clear cut as it seems at first sight. It could mean less Maiden dates on a bigger scale with gaps in between.

I doubt that Maiden won't tour in Europe in the summer next year.
There are so many possibilities, each one as viable as the other. It remains to be seen which is the most plausible. About Maiden touring Europe next summer, I didn't mean that. I meant Bruce solo band touring Europe next summer, not Maiden. ;) If a Maiden tour is to take place, it won't happen until September. :ninja:

It could mean less Maiden dates on a bigger scale with gaps in between.
This is what I expect.

I talked with some fellow fans after Ljubljana last year regarding touring schedule and we all sort of agreed that it would surprise if the current lineup went on beyond 2025 without doing some changes to how Maiden tour. It's just speculation but I could see less shows with mostly stadiums and festivals.

Bruce will have plenty of time to tour before and after Maiden's tour. And I doubt Maiden have studio plans, that would take another 2-3 months off Bruce's schedule.

This is what I expect.

I talked with some fellow fans after Ljubljana last year regarding touring schedule and we all sort of agreed that it would surprise if the current lineup went on beyond 2025 without doing some changes to how Maiden tour. It's just speculation but I could see less shows with mostly stadiums and festivals.

Bruce will have plenty of time to tour before and after Maiden's tour. And I doubt Maiden have studio plans, that would take another 2-3 months off Bruce's schedule.

I think Maiden plan to go the Rammstein route and do 25 stadium concerts per year. And if you do a massive production, this might mean more gaps between dates. If Maiden do, let's say 2 concerts per week, both Bruce and Steve could play additional 2 shows with their side projects in the area.

Plus, 25 shows (2 per week) only take 2 months. Even if Maiden hit the studio in early 2025, there are still 5-6 months that have no Maiden activity and plenty of time for solo dates.

It seems like Maiden is going the Stones/Rammstein route, which is probably the only sustainable way for the next few years.

Bruce sounds significantly better on Darkside Of Aquarius on the 2nd show. Maybe Book Of Thel is a bit more difficult, but he needs to warm up.

There are so many possibilities, each one as viable as the other. It remains to be seen which is the most plausible. About Maiden touring Europe next summer, I didn't mean that. I meant Bruce solo band touring Europe next summer, not Maiden. ;) If a Maiden tour is to take place, it won't happen until September. :ninja:
Agreed.

with what seems to be Bruce's plans for 2025, I dont see him going from a bigger solo tour right into something for Maiden over the summer.

I expect some big changes to Maiden's touring ideology. I dont neccesarily see them going a Stones/Metallica/Rammstien route entirely (At least not in the North America market with Stadium shows). But I think we will all have to get used to the amount of shows the US is getting this year. Very Brief, and pretty much gonna require travel/lodging/time-off to go see them.

I was beyond surpised we did not get a Florida show. Only show for the entire region of South-Eastern Americans is alllllllllllmost in the North East lol, which translates to 5-10 hour drives for a lot of us.

That being said, Im excited to catch Bruce on his solo tour. Ill also travel for that, but I expect him to hit more markerts, like Atlanta.

When I saw Bruce added an instrumental, my first thought was that he was accepting maybe a rest in mid-set would be a good idea to keep his voice strong during the second half. Of course, it could be just that he wanted to noodle with the theramin. If it's the former, however, I wonder if that means he might ask that "Transylvania" or another instrumental might be added mid-set during future Maiden shows. Who knows.

When I saw Bruce added an instrumental, my first thought was that he was accepting maybe a rest in mid-set would be a good idea to keep his voice strong during the second half. Of course, it could be just that he wanted to noodle with the theramin. If it's the former, however, I wonder if that means he might ask that "Transylvania" or another instrumental might be added mid-set during future Maiden shows. Who knows.
Nah, I think that Frankenstein is his excuse to go apeshit on timbales and theremin. As simple as that. Just hitting timbales and cowbell during TOAD isn't enough reason to bring out an entire percussion section.

I've watched the entire Friday gig plus the three new songs from yesterday on YouTube and I am just... flabbergasted and excited and jealous. I really didn't know what to expect from Bruce's solo career resurrection and was almost worried it would limp instead of run. My god they are on fire. Energized, completely in the zone, delivering with passion and sheer utter enthusiasm. Bruce is older and grayer than he was in the '90s but he is still KILLING it and in his fucking element.

So many great tracks. "Accident of Birth" is an awesome reintroduction. "Abduction" kicks ass. Bruce really sheds the years on "Starchildren", holy fuck. The Mandrake songs are super fun. "The Alchemist" makes its live debut! BOOK OF FUCKING THEL!!!

And you guys are being too harsh on "Frankenstein". It seems pretty clear that Bruce wants this outfit to feel like a proper band and this is the perfect song with which to show off their chops.

Goddamn it we are so fucking back. The only thing that would put me over the top even more is if they included "Trumpets of Jericho" on Monday.

The only thing that would put me over the top even more is if they included "Trumpets of Jericho" on Monday.
That and King In Crimson. Add these two and the setlist is delightful! There's stuff there I simply love that wouldn't expect to be featured (Gods Of War, Abduction). Plus, from what I've seen in YT all musicians sound tight as hell.

Back