Bruce Dickinson

Really cool to see Bruce dusting off some older tracks for a live debut, I never thought we'd see a track like The Alchemist cropping up in the set. I get the feeling they will probably try a few different things and see what works during these warm-up shows, hopefully some deep cuts will make it to the main tour setlist!

In all the discussion of the new album and No-Roygate, I completely forgot that Bruce has an incredible back catalogue to call on for this tour. I genuinely never thought I'd get to get to hear some of this material live.

The keytar solo on Accident Of Birth seems a bit unneccessary.

But a great setlist overall. I think there might be 1 or 2 changes tonight (there seemed to be 20-25 songs on the rehearsals setlist). Hopefully Book Of Thel returns and they perform Shadow Of The Gods at some point.

Do you think there will be opportunities where i could take a photo of her and myself?
Maybe with a bit of luck. I don’t think there were official Meet & Greets announced.

I'll be backstage at Rockharz on July 3rd (nothing to do with Bruce, just a coincidence). Maybe she'll run into me and we'll take a photo. But of course I don't want to pester her.
I admit that I'm not the biggest fan of the new album, but the live show is worth seeing imho.

The keytar solo on Accident Of Birth seems a bit unneccessary.
This got me thinking that it would have been great if Adrian had a solo on one of the title tracks.
But a great setlist overall. I think there might be 1 or 2 changes tonight (there seemed to be 20-25 songs on the rehearsals setlist). Hopefully Book Of Thel returns and they perform Shadow Of The Gods at some point.
20-25 songs on the rehearsals setlist? Do you have a photo?

The setlist is great. Any Bruce solo one will be. No songs are overplayed. The flow of the latter half of it is not energetic as the first half.
Some key and expected songs are missing (Tower, Man Of Sorrows, Book, Navigate), but I guess he will play them live on the 2nd night. Maybe to change almost the entire set?
Only 14 songs (maybe because these are warm-up shows for shaping the set?) - and why is he playing a cover now? For a break, they're not many longer instrumental sections for that, but a song like Face In The Mirror will be a break for him.

Bruce said he might play Shadow Of The Gods (I think he will) and Sonata when people are more familiar with the new album. The others are also possible (maybe without Eternity). Mistress Of Mercy and Fingers In The Wounds sound like perfect live songs. Face In The Mirror would be nice too.
As from the other albums, we can expect more different songs from TCW & AOB, more from TOS (2/3) and probably from Skunkworks and Born In '58 on rotation throughout tour. Not sure for the 2nd night.

Candidates for a change: Gods Of War (a bit too shouty live, but works - another TOS song in its place), Jerusalem (for Navigate), Aquarius (for Book or Tower), maybe The Alchemist because it's longer (sounds very good live, btw; perfect slow song), one of the new songs(?).
I think Chemical Wedding (4 songs from one album?), Abduction (just to try another TOS song) and Laughing (Starchildren maybe) can be changed but only for the 2nd night. Road To Hell, nope imo.

Last edited:
Any predictions on changes for tonight? He said a different setlist but I doubt that means every single song will change. My guess is something like this:

Abduction -> Kill Devil Hill
Laughing in the Hiding Bush -> Tattooed Millionaire
Darkside of Aquarius -> Book of Thel
Gods of War - Cyclops
Road to Hell -> The Tower
Chemical Wedding -> Starchildren
The Alchemist —> Omega

Any predictions on changes for tonight? He said a different setlist but I doubt that means every single song will change. My guess is something like this:

Abduction -> Kill Devil Hill
Laughing in the Hiding Bush -> Tattooed Millionaire
Darkside of Aquarius -> Book of Thel
Gods of War - Cyclops
Road to Hell -> The Tower
Chemical Wedding -> Starchildren
The Alchemist —> Omega

I think Aquarius/Book of Thel is the most likely direct swap! Others seem very plausible too, but I doubt about both The Chemical Wedding and The Alchemist being swapped. We'll see!

...then again, with The Tower and Book of Thel being very likely there, I doubt they'd play four songs from The Chemical Wedding, so uhm, your suggestion actually seems pretty logical!

I think Jerusalem/Navigate the Seas of the Sun might be one swap.

Wouldn't Road to Hell swap quite nicely with The Magician? They're both uptempo songs after all. The Tower, being a lot slower in pace, wouldn't really fit as a replacement especially since it's the last encore we're talking about. Honestly, I'm not totally convinced Bruce will swap it out at all since Road to Hell seems rather fitting in that spot.

Back