Bruce Dickinson

I missed this, how do we do that? :)

Via Instagram. I wonder how/why such decisions are made, I mean only Instagram. I know a lot of people who don't like/don't have Instagram.

Bruce asked via Instagram stories about all of his solo albums, so maybe we'll hear songs from all of them during the upcoming tour.

He also asked the fans for favorite songs from the new album in a post. The results are:

1.Shadow Of The Gods (clear winner with double votes more than the second place)

2.Sonata
3.Many Doors To Hell (close to the second place)
4.Resurrection Men (close to the third place)
5.Fingers In The Wounds & Rain On The Graves (close again)
6.Face In The Mirror
7.Mistress Of Mercy (really close to Mirror)
8.Afterglow Of Ragnarok (really close to Mistress)
9.Eternity Has Failed (close to Ragnarok).... wow!

Edit: as for YouTube views (without the singles):

1.Eternity
2.Shadow
3.Sonata
4.Many Doors
5.Resurrection Men
6.Mistress
7.Wounds
8.Mirror

Bruce and Leana went to Uli Jon Roth' concert.

434881355_821419079800489_8965123899021183414_n.jpg

PS: There is nothing wrong with the way you look. Nothing at all. You are what you are.

An appeal to no one in particular but to everyone who is interested:
You become a pathetic laughing stock not because of the way you look but because of all the tweaking and photoshopping.

We as a society should turn away from this crazy path.

Beginning to really like Face in the Mirror a lot more now. A definite grower
I liked it from the first listen. Another memorable ballad from Bruce and as far as acoustic piece goes, it's perfect. I find a new appreciation for Afterglow Of Ragnarok (the song is with one of the best ideas imo). I would say songs like Resurrection Men and Rain On The Graves are growers.
As I've mentioned before, all of the songs on the album are memorable and catchy, and that's their greatest strength. I always want that.

Btw, I like that the lyrics of Face Of The Mirror contain: ''When I hold it I see through you, To the future of the past''. The album was released during Maiden's TFP tour. A history piece.
Bruce and Leana went to Uli Jon Roth' concert.
Roy also met with him, there is a photo.

I think Bruce should reissue(?) the new album in the future and add the missing solos, played by Roy or even Uli. Otherwise, it would be such a big missed opportunity. But I know it won't happen because Bruce and Roy will admit their strange approach and mistakes. Why the solos weren't created/played by Chris (or Gus) who guested on the album is a mystery, but I guess Bruce only want Roy for the majority of the songs, or Uli (like the original plan was).
It's also odd because it seems Roy recorded the solos for Ragnarok (very short one), Many Doors and Eternity last year.?

Last edited:
According to Roy Z's interview, Uli Jon Roth was actually supposed to play on the album, but was then unavailable.
Why the corresponding parts were not contributed by another guitarist remains a mystery.
But I can't imagine a reissue. That would be an admission that the songs are not really in their best possible form. Although that's true, I can't imagine it.

I liked it from the first listen. Another memorable ballad from Bruce and as far as acoustic piece goes, it's perfect. I find a new appreciation for Afterglow Of Ragnarok (the song is with one of the best ideas imo). I would say songs like Resurrection Men and Rain On The Graves are growers.
As I've mentioned before, all of the songs on the album are memorable and catchy, and that's their greatest strength. I always want that.

Btw, I like that the lyrics of Face Of The Mirror contain: ''When I hold it I see through you, To the future of the past''. The album was released during Maiden's TFP tour. A history piece.

I think Bruce should reissue(?) the new album in the future and add the missing solos, played by Roy or even Uli. Otherwise, it would be a big missed opportunity. Why the solos weren't created by Chris (and Gus) who guested on the album is a mystery, but I guess Bruce only want Roy for the majority of the songs, or Uli (like the original plan for the album).
I will say I really like Resurrection Men but I feel that song has potential to get better. It definitely could use a guitar solo & a bit more variation. Otherwise I’m happy with the whole Wild West melody it’s got.

I will say I really like Resurrection Men but I feel that song has potential to get better. It definitely could use a guitar solo & a bit more variation. Otherwise I’m happy with the whole Wild West melody it’s got.
Yeah. The whole different mood and melody is cool and needed for the song, although I expected something dark (in terms of the parts, like Trumpets Of Jericho for example) from the whole song. Especially after Rain.

In the new interview below, Bruce said that Resurrection Men is the song that most connects the album and the comic concept (in 2014 too) - and given that the title and the lyrics of Eternity were changed, Resurrection Men is basically the album's title track. I feel Bruce really likes it.

Other bits from this interview:

Steve was really sure he wanted IESF for Maiden. It all worked. Bruce always wanted to use it again and that gave him the whole idea for TMP theme and concept.
He said the comic has deliberate allusions to his other solo albums and songs.
When he sings lyrics to a song (even ones not written by him) he likes to create a story or imagine a vision for them.
He once again said the he doesn't write differently on purpose for his solo music and Maiden. If it fits for a Maiden record, great. If he writes with Adrian, he chooses the ideas he wants to work on. Both he and Adrian were surprised that Steve liked TWOTW because it is more bluesy in a way. Steve loved it and Bruce thinks it's an instant classic and a banger live.
He will probably use the screen for the tour as part of the light rig, not to tell stories with it (that should be good). The storytelling comes from the music and the band. They are free to be creative.
About the setlist, he mentioned that they will probably rotate Book Of Thel every now and again.
For him, when he plays to a smaller crowd, it's potentially better because you're really close to the people.

The interviewer asked Bruce which song he thinks is next in line for the Maiden fans now that they finally played Alexander live - and he said he wants to play Rime the most live again! I really think we will hear it next year.

Yeah. The whole different mood and melody is cool and needed for the song, although I expected something dark (in terms of the parts, like Trumpets Of Jericho for example) from the whole song. Especially after Rain.

In the new interview below, Bruce said that Resurrection Men is the song that most connects the album and the comic concept (in 2014 too) - and given that the title and the lyrics of Eternity were changed, Resurrection Men is basically the album's title track. I feel Bruce really likes it.

Other bits from this interview:

Steve was really sure he wanted IESF for Maiden. It all worked. Bruce always wanted to use it again and that gave him the whole idea for TMP theme and concept.
He said the comic has deliberate allusions to his other solo albums and songs.
When he sings lyrics to a song (even ones not written by him) he likes to create a story or imagine a vision for them.
He once again said the he doesn't write differently on purpose for his solo music and Maiden. If it fits for a Maiden record, great. If he writes with Adrian, he chooses the ideas he wants to work on. Both he and Adrian were surprised that Steve liked TWOTW because it is more bluesy in a way. Steve loved it and Bruce thinks it's an instant classic and a banger live.
He will probably use the screen for the tour as part of the light rig, not to tell stories with it (that should be good). The storytelling comes from the music and the band. They are free to be creative.
About the setlist, he mentioned that they will probably rotate Book Of Thel every now and again.
For him, when he plays to a smaller crowd, it's potentially better because you're really close to the people.

The interviewer asked Bruce which song he thinks is next in line for the Maiden fans now that they finally played Alexander live - and he said he wants to play Rime the most live again! I really think we will hear it next year.
Songs I’d love to hear live:
Dream of mirrors
These colors don’t run
Seventh son of a Seventh Son
Only the good die young (Steve had said they could do this live)
Infinite dreams
Lord of the flies (it’s been a while)
Man on the edge
Futureal
Thin line between love & hate
The Parchment
Killers
Phantom of the Opera

For sure. Next year or the year after.

I'm quite sure the rehearsals are happening at Guillaume Tell studios in Paris, seeing the carpets and the curtain behind. :cool:
Even if that's true, Bruce lives there. And the tour starts in two weeks. I know only Steve and Kevin are presented for the mixing, but Steve would have said if they have plans for a new album in that one recent interview imo. Like he did it in 2018.

Btw, it seems the guitar tech for the tour will be Dave's.

Eternity Has Failed instrumental section. Gus would have been a great addition for the tour if he was available. His style is similar to Roy's.

This possibility is very exciting to me :rocker:

Even if that's true, Bruce lives there. And the tour starts in two weeks. I know only Steve and Kevin are presented for the mixing, but Steve would have said if they have plans for a new album in that one recent interview imo. Like he did it in 2018.

Btw, it seems the guitar tech for the tour will be Dave's.
Adrian was in Paris in March. :)

And Steve has said to Eddie Trunk on early March that he wanted to record a new album. Bruce said that too. Adrian is not against this idea. Janick and Dave will follow the other guys. The big question is Nicko : will he manage to be fit 100% fit for the next studio session ?

The most important thing is that the band wanted to book another studio in 2020 after the recording of 'Senjutsu'. Which means that they already had some ideas recorded in smartphones or voice recorders that they can put them on the upcoming 18th album.

Back