Bruce Dickinson

I have a one off.Do you think Roy will be involved with rehearsals for Bruce's tour regarding tips and pointers on how things should sound and who ,what , where.....

I have a one off.Do you think Roy will be involved with rehearsals for Bruce's tour regarding tips and pointers on how things should sound and who ,what , where.....
If they hire him for that, maybe. Sounds like potentially an awful lot of work if for free.

Bruxit strikes again!

I wish the interviewers would challenge him more when he says something like that.
It does seem to me that he honestly has no idea.
Of course the EU won't make deals with non-members any more convenient than with members.
And the rules are not "dogmatism" without sense, but economic theory, i.e. an attempt to make production and prices more affordable and also a form of a tariff wall.

Bruxit strikes again!

A girl? So his advise is that every UK citizen marry someone from the EU?

I really think you shouldn't comment on the topic anymore or only as swift and diplomatic as possible. I also read another Maiden forum and people are like "He is not as smart as he thinks.", "He is not as smart as I thought." He does not do himself any favours with this.

New very long interview of Bruce. :)

Thanks for sharing. Nice to read Maiden have plans until the end of 2026. Let’s hope I get to see them live again.

Bruce’s belittling of Adrian’s contributions to Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding is frankly irritating though.

Last edited:
Bruxit strikes again!

:lol: :lol:

What a cunt! The moment he opens his gob to talk about this, he digs himself into a deeper hole!

It is quite amusing, isn’t it?

Last edited:
A girl? So his advise is that every UK citizen marry someone from the EU?

I really think you shouldn't comment on the topic anymore or only as swift and diplomatic as possible. I also read another Maiden forum and people are like "He is not as smart as he thinks.", "He is not as smart as I thought." He does not do himself any favours with this.

He is definitely closer to having an EU passport again since 2023!

Thanks for sharing. Nice to read Maiden have plans until the end of 2026. Let’s hope I get to see them live again.

Bruce’s belittling of Adrian’s contributions to Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding is frankly irritating though.
It seems to be an intentional of way of marketing the new stuff to me. Lots of fans speculated that Adrian would be on Mandrake despite no real reason to expect such a thing. Bruce is aware of this and probably doesn’t want fans to think they’re getting a lesser product because of Adrian’s absence. It’s pretty lame though and seems like he was intentionally “forgetting” that Adrian wrote several songs including singles for those albums.

Also is there some revisionist history in there? I thought Bruce insisted that Adrian return to Maiden as well and that was his idea initially. Now it’s something that happened separately? I don’t get that at all. Were Maiden going to take Adrian but not Bruce? I doubt it.

Also completely unrelated but I have a bit of a pet peeve with people shitting on ghostwriters. Seems totally unnecessary. These people are musicians, not authors (and on What Does This Button Do it shows).

Super interesting interview, but yea some real BS in there.

It seems to be an intentional of way of marketing the new stuff to me. Lots of fans speculated that Adrian would be on Mandrake despite no real reason to expect such a thing. Bruce is aware of this and probably doesn’t want fans to think they’re getting a lesser product because of Adrian’s absence. It’s pretty lame though and seems like he was intentionally “forgetting” that Adrian wrote several songs including singles for those albums.

That’s something that a record company would suggest as a strategy, I can see that too. But that doesn't mean that you can't say no to something like that and say that it doesn't suit you.
And I think Bruce is in a better position than most bands.

Frankly, regarding the whole Adrian business, I feel like Bruce is simply being a bit of an egotistical cunt. Somebody probably ought to remind him the only hit songs he's ever co-written in Maiden were with Adrian, and more specifically he wrote lyrics to Adrian's music. As evidenced by SiT, this wasn't necessarily required either and Adrian could easily write single material in the 80s all by himself. I bet that chafes on Bruce's ego sometimes.

Bruce seems to have made a complete 180 from that text he wrote about H for the old IM website.

The fact is that H is an amazing quality control. Without H, we have Fear Of The Dark instead of Seventh Son. We have Tyranny Of Souls instead of Chemical Wedding. As simple as that. And I can see that H wouldn't have wanted to be a part of a vocal compilation project that is The Mandrake Project (albeit a good one).

Bruce seems to have made a complete 180 from that text he wrote about H for the old IM website.

The fact is that H is an amazing quality control. Without H, we have Fear Of The Dark instead of Seventh Son. We have Tyranny Of Souls instead of Chemical Wedding. As simple as that. And I can see that H wouldn't have wanted to be a part of a vocal compilation project that is The Mandrake Project (albeit a good one).
Well I wouldn’t go that far. It’s not like Adrian had any creative control over AOB or CW. Stating that TOS or Mandrake would come out that much different is a huge stretch imo.

Frankly, regarding the whole Adrian business, I feel like Bruce is simply being a bit of an egotistical cunt. Somebody probably ought to remind him the only hit songs he's ever co-written in Maiden were with Adrian, and more specifically he wrote lyrics to Adrian's music. As evidenced by SiT, this wasn't necessarily required either and Adrian could easily write single material in the 80s all by himself. I bet that chafes on Bruce's ego sometimes.
With that being said Bruce has written better songs than Adrian on his own.

Back