Bruce Dickinson

"Legendary Iron Maiden frontman, Bruce Dickinson, is set for his first appearance at a US Comic Convention next week at WonderCon for a panel discussion on his debut comic book series, Bruce Dickinson’s The Mandrake Project.
Saturday, March 30, 2024
5 - 6 PM, PDT - Room 300E
In Conversation with Bruce Dickinson: The Mandrake Project
For the last decade, Bruce Dickinson, the iconic frontman of Iron Maiden, has been developing the story of The Mandrake Project, his saga about the century-long battle for the human control of immortality. Coinciding with the release of the second issue in the series and his solo album of the same name, Bruce is joined by Bill Sienkiewicz (Eisner Award–winning comic artist), Rantz Hoseley (Eisner Award–winning editor), Josh Bernstein (Ringo Award–winning editor), and moderator Ryan J. Downey (MTV News) to talk about the creation of this exciting quarterly series.
Release dates for 2024 and 2025 as follows:

The Mandrake Project #1 – January 17, 2024
The Mandrake Project #2 – March 20, 2024
The Mandrake Project #3 – June 26, 2024
The Mandrake Project #4 – September 25, 2024
The Mandrake Project Annual Trade paperback #1 – November 6, 2024
The Mandrake Project #5 – December 18, 2024
The Mandrake Project #6 – March 19, 2025
The Mandrake Project #7 – June 25, 2025
The Mandrake Project #8 – September 24, 2025
The Mandrake Project Annual Trade paperback #2 – November 5, 2025"

Source: www.bravewords.com

Who's going to see Bruce live? (e.g. @Perun @Night Prowler if yes, where would you go?)
Certainly not this year (apart from with Maiden in October). He's said he wants to tour North America next year, but whether he just hits the major markets or does a fairly more comprehensive tour will decide whether I see him or not. Minneapolis is sometimes and sometimes not considered one of those markets by Maiden, so we'll see. I'm probably too old and have too many responsibilities to do the 6 1/2 hour drive, hotel, drive back thing to see him in Chicago like I've done in the past.

If he does come here, guaranteed I'll go.

I really like the middle section in Resurrection Men too! I like the song overall, although the verses are a bit... rough indeed.

bREAThiNG coSMiC inCUBATOr

That being said, I actually expect this song to be a rather good live track!

bruce imitating rob's and geoff tate's vocals in tyranny. a funny bit. i wonder why he didn't do this in mandrake. it's easy to send vocal files these days. shadow of the gods is great by only bruce, but i would like to hear that with 3 vocals.

I really like the verses! I love how frenetic Bruce sounds during them.

I do not really dislike them either; I can see why the vocal lines and takes there might be slightly off-putting to some, as they're very rough and dry and kind of underline themselves in... not entirely positive light, one might argue. But I don't really have a problem when it comes to listening to the song as it is.

Cool song!

I like Resurrection Men but I think the middle section completely ruins it so I decided to edit it for my own listening.
I like the middle section and think it is fitting for the song. A nice contrast with the heavy riffs and great rhythm and vocals. I always like such features in songs. It feels odd because there is no second verse or a solo in the song to serve as a transition. Like in this TOG song for example.

Resurrection Men screams BTP album.
I really like the verses! I love how frenetic Bruce sounds during them.
This.

Resurrection Men isn’t a bad song but it could definitely use more variance for sure. The start and end is the same. Amazing start for sure. Has a very tribe of gypsies vibe but I feel the end could have been made a little different and better. Add a solo for sure. With a solo it’s easily an 8 minute song that would feel like a 5 minute one

My biggest issue with RM is the chromatic riff during the first verses. It's just so utterly dissonant.
Dissonant music can work well, but this one didn't pull it off in my opinion.

Back