Bruce Dickinson

Bruce asked via Instagram stories about all of his solo albums, so maybe we'll hear songs from all of them during the upcoming tour.

He also asked the fans for favorite songs from the new album in a post. The results are:

1.Shadow Of The Gods (clear winner with double votes more than the second place)

2.Sonata
3.Many Doors To Hell (close to the second place)
4.Resurrection Men (close to the third place)
5.Fingers In The Wounds & Rain On The Graves (close again)
6.Face In The Mirror
7.Mistress Of Mercy (really close to Mirror)
8.Afterglow Of Ragnarok (really close to Mistress)
9.Eternity Has Failed (close to Ragnarok).... wow!

Edit: as for YouTube views (without the singles):

1.Eternity
2.Shadow
3.Sonata
4.Many Doors
5.Resurrection Men
6.Mistress
7.Wounds
8.Mirror

Last edited:
Bruce asked via Instagram stories about all of his solo albums, so maybe we'll hear songs from all of them during the upcoming tour.

He also asked the fans for favorite songs from the new album in a post. The results are:

1.Shadow Of The Gods (clear winner with double votes more than the second place)

2.Sonata

"Sonata" in second place? How many votes did his wife submit? :D

2.Sonata
3.Many Doors To Hell (close to the second place)
4.Resurrection Men (close to the third place)
5.Fingers In The Wounds & Rain On The Graves (close again)
6.Face In The Mirror
7.Mistress Of Mercy (really close to Mirror)
8.Afterglow Of Ragnarok (really close to Mistress)
9.Eternity Has Failed (close to Ragnarok).... wow!

Edit: as for YouTube views (without the singles):

1.Eternity
2.Shadow
3.Sonata
4.Many Doors
5.Resurrection Men
6.Mistress
7.Wounds
8.Mirror
Funny how the general fan base almost completely disagree with the majority of posters in this forum :p

I do enjoy reading people’s opinions, even if they are wildly different from my own. Just find it interesting how a bunch of people can listen to the same thing yet all get a different experience.

Personally I’ve really enjoyed the mandrake project and it’s a solid 8 from me. It’s doesn’t feel as disjointed and pieced together to my ears like I’ve read so many people comment on. Plus I think Bruce sounds great across the whole album and unless I’m really concentrating and trying hard to listen out for it I don’t think it’s as easy to hear the different vocal recordings like some seem too hear.

It’s not a perfect album but overall I’ve enjoyed it a lot. I even think sonata is decent yet seems reviled around these parts lol.

Between this album and the new blaze, Saxon and Priest albums it’s been a great month of music so far and a fantastic start to 2024.

Looking forward to priest and Saxon in lond this Thursday and Bruce live in May.

Last edited:
I'm looking the uk charts and I think the charts position is a joke. I don't understand them.

Uk charts
the first week is #3 and the second week the album is out of the #100 list.

You can see all the Bruce charts positions for all of his albums.

Loyal fans bought a copy (or multiple copies) of the album on release week and the rest of the world could not care less after that. That probably explains it all. :)

Funny how the general fan base almost completely disagree with the majority of posters in this forum :p
Is it really that different all in all? When the album came out, I once read comments in Facebook groups and another forum and remember thinking that it was very similar to what we see here on this forum.

Maybe it's different on the band's own channels? I'm always amazed, on band's own YouTube channels there really isn't a song, no matter what kind of trash, even music that comes from "reality stars", that isn't described by at least one commentator as a masterpiece.

Is it really that different all in all? When the album came out, I once read comments in Facebook groups and another forum and remember thinking that it was very similar to what we see here on this forum.

Maybe it's different on the band's own channels? I'm always amazed, on band's own YouTube channels there really isn't a song, no matter what kind of trash, even music that comes from "reality stars", that isn't described by at least one commentator as a masterpiece.
One of the funnier outliers is how incredibly popular Wasting Love is on streaming websites, despite being all but forgotten by the band and essentially never played. That's why I don't really give too much weight to the opinions of others and particularly not on social media.

One of the funnier outliers is how incredibly popular Wasting Love is on streaming websites, despite being all but forgotten by the band and essentially never played. That's why I don't really give too much weight to the opinions of others and particularly not on social media.
Maybe its just included in popular track lists, e.g. Ballads tracklist, rather than sought after by people?

Back