Bruce Dickinson

Great, did you also ask a question?
Yep. I asked Bruce if he was going to send a copy of his album to Steve for his birthday next week, nicely wrapped in some paper as a present. Bruce replied that Steve already got the album. :) Then later I asked him "Can I shake your hand man?" He: Grabbed my hand, shook it, smiled and said "thanks for your appreciation, mate". Very cool. :)

...Someone was even critical about the size of Bruce's wedding band for Crissakes...
Yeah, that was probably the strangest post I've read in a very long time...
If Bruce in one of his interviews linked here "proudly shows his wedding band", why can't I as someone whose hobby is jewelery write that I don't think it is very fashionable or suits him?

Honestly, I find it much weirder how sometimes the opinions of other members are ciritised on this board, too negative, too this, too that. Why not just write you disagree or if a topic does not interest you, don't comment at all..

If Bruce in one of his interviews linked here "proudly shows his wedding band", why can't I as someone whose hobby is jewelery write that I don't think it is very fashionable or suits him?

Honestly, I find it much weirder how sometimes the opinions of other members are ciritised on this board, too negative, too this, too that. Why not just write you disagree or if a topic does not interest you, don't comment at all..
As I was pointing out we tend to nitpick everything on Maidenfans. Amidst all the comments of "Sonata is boring, the production sucks, Bruce sounds bad, hate the drums, not enough solos", etc. your comment struck me like "yeah, and his wedding band is too small, too." It illustrated my point. I thought it was kind of funny honestly as it seemed so out of the blue. Would have made more sense if you stated that you are a jeweler instead it just came off as real random. No harm was meant.

Last edited:
I think most would be fine if all the reunion albums had the same production quality of BNW. At least I would. That's when Steve relinquished the most control. Hiring a real producer was also a condition of Bruce returning to the band.

I started reading the official forum in the run up to the release of Rock in Rio, and at the time BNW's production and Shirley was being slaughtered as well. I think the production is just an easy thing for people to point the finger at, than admit to themselves the hard truth that they just don't like the songs.

You also have a whole spectrum of production tastes being able to agree they hate the production, without releasing they all hate each other's production tastes too.

Last edited:
Back