Bruce Dickinson

Don't mind me, there's no reason why I'm posting this completely unrelated to anything in this thread gif :innocent:

giphy.gif

The "chinese hat" Bruce has on his head is just a chinese cymbal, a crash cymbal that have a particular sound. Nothing racist here, I guess...

Correction, they are called China cymbals, not Chinese and the one in the video isn't a China, it's a regular Crash cymbal. Chinas have a very distinct look and shape compared to other cymbals. It's just Bruce putting it on his head which kinda resembles Asian conical hats and what Bruce calls Chinese.

Edit: Also, Chinas sound fucking awesome. You can hear them on the main riff in The Book Of Souls for example.

Last edited:
Correction, they are called China cymbals, not Chinese and the one in the video isn't a China, it's a regular Crash cymbal. Chinas have a very distinct look and shape compared to other cymbals. It's just Bruce putting it on his head which kinda resembles Asian conical hats and what Bruce calls Chinese.

Edit: Also, Chinas sound fucking awesome. You can hear them on the main riff in The Book Of Souls for example.
I know, I play drums too. ;) Correction : I played drums since 1993 until 2013. Since then, I never played drums again... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back