Bruce Dickinson

This sounds like the album has its metal moments, but is mostly a hard rock/alternative records just like Balls To Picasso was.
I feared something along those lines, but I'll wait until I've heard the album myself.

One more day for @TheMercenary's review! :clap:
I think it must be bs that the album is not metal at all. I haven’t heard a second of it yet, but I am also expecting something more in vein of Balls and Tyranny, maybe also a bit more theatrical. No need for Bruce to do a 100 percent heavy album when he still is singing in Maiden.

I think it must be bs that the album is not metal at all. I haven’t heard a second of it yet, but I am also expecting something more in vein of Balls and Tyranny, maybe also a bit more theatrical. No need for Bruce to do a 100 percent heavy album when he still is singing in Maiden.
Of course there will be moments of metal on there, we've heard Afterglow Of Ragnarok already for example. But you make it sound as if BTP is comparable to TOS when they are incredibly different albums lol

The last three Bruce records have been metal albums with occasional experimentation either by softer ballads or a bit of a rock n roll infusion. TMP apparantly will go more hard rock with metal moments here and there, so a very different mixture.

The thing is that it's probably online right now. No way it's not considering there are a lot of people who has the album even selling it. But if you don't know where then it's useless :D
Hahahhahahahhaha exactly man. We’re just blind at this point unless some guy leaks it on a more prominent site

Not many metal moments??? Rather, BTP meets AOB feel, methinks. Let's hope it's for the best. According to some descriptions:

rock vibe: Many Doors, Rain, Face and Sonata.
metal (or mixed) vibe: Afterglow, Resurrection Men, Wounds, Eternity, Mistress and Shadow.

Not another AOB or TWC? Not in style (intentionally), but ''in quality'' is important. The album is said to be a grower.

I expect some ''different'' approaches to Bruce's vocals, just like on BTP. With perhaps more theatrical vibe. I wish he would bring back some of the screams because there wasn't much with Maiden since the Reunion. His vocals will be great, no doubt.

And btw, a reviewer who doesn't like Maiden's last 2 albums and Bruce's 2 new singles... I mean, what do you even like then??

No need for Bruce to do a 100 percent heavy album when he still is singing in Maiden.
There is always need for 100 percent metal album.;) Fans would definitely prefer this approach to the experimental vibe after 19 years. Or even heavier than TCW. It's interesting that with TOS, Bruce released a more metal album (in way) than Maiden's DOD 2 years earlier.

Last edited:
I wanted another Tyranny of Souls. Oh, well.
Yeah. And I think that's what the fans expected. But it's understandable that Bruce and Roy want to mix things up, even though this is an album released after so long. I also wanted a similar approach to his last 3 solo journeys - and I think Bruce's next album (hopefully released sooner) will be more in that vein, or something really really heavy.

The most important thing is the songs to be great, but I think some fans really wanted fast songs and will be disappointed by the said overall mid-tempo vibe of the album (just like BTP). SJ was the same. It's like fast song is guaranteed to be good. No, it's not. Sometimes it helps to like a filler more. Anyway, most of Bruce's solo songs are mid-tempo. The key to this might be: in one of the interviews before the start of Maiden's tour last year, Bruce said that he likes and prefers groovy stuff like Stranger or Prisoner. So there's that.

I think we can say that the best songs according to all the reviews so far should be:

Resurrection Men
Mistress Of Mercy (purely for descriptions)
Face In The Mirror
Shadow Of The Gods

Sonata will be 50/50. And ofc short songs like Many Doors and Wounds are potentially good hits.

Yeah. And I think that's what the fans expected. But it's understandable that Bruce and Roy want to mix things up, even though this is an album released after so long. I also wanted a similar approach to his last 3 solo journeys - and I think Bruce's next album (hopefully released sooner) will be more in that vein, or something really really heavy.

The most important thing is the songs to be great, but I think some fans really wanted fast songs and will be disappointed by the said overall mid-tempo vibe of the album (just like BTP). SJ was the same. It's like fast song is guaranteed to be good. No, it's not. Sometimes it helps to like a filler more. Anyway, most of Bruce's solo songs are mid-tempo. The key to this might be: in one of the interviews before the start of Maiden's tour last year, Bruce said that he likes and prefers groovy stuff like Stranger or Prisoner. So there's that.
Maybe Bruce didn't want to embarrass or show-up Maiden again, like he did with Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding in the 1990s. Then he was more metal (and more Maiden) than Maiden. Maiden is his 21st century cash cow, after all, so he has to be respectful to it.

So we get a different side of Bruce with this album. In the end, if the music is good, that's what really matters. But I would prefer pure metal.

Maybe Bruce didn't want to embarrass or show-up Maiden again, like he did with Accident of Birth and The Chemical Wedding in the 1990s. Then he was more metal (and more Maiden) than Maiden. Maiden is his 21st century cash cow, after all, so he has to be respectful to it.

So we get a different side of Bruce with this album. In the end, if the music is good, that's what really matters. But I would prefer pure metal.
+1000
I kinda agree that with new album Bruce most likely chose to go as un Maiden as possible. Imo, AOB and even TCW was Maidenish in a sense; in a modern way.

Back