Man of Sorrows 9/10
Accident of Birth 8/10
The Magician 7/10
Welcome to the Pit 6/10
Omega 9/10
Arc of Space 8/10

The Ghost of Cain (the song) 8/10
Ghost of Cain (the fanclub ex member) a solid 2/10 :bigsmile:

As I watch all of these detailed ratings of Bruce's solo albums get posted here in this catch-all thread, soon to be lost in the endless churn of near-term Bruce news, I feel compelled to suggest once again that if you'd like your thoughts to have some more permanence, you may want to post them over in the Ratings & Commentary section of the Strange Death Discussion Forum where everyone's thoughts and ratings on Bruce & Adrian's solo work will be stored and aggregated at the song and album level.

(While the formal rating system there is limited to 5 stars, I just take the 10-point rating, divide it by 2, and round the result down to get the final star value.)

@TheMercenary I want to ask you.. No, not about Bruce's new album. :innocent:

Can You confirm that Mistress of Mercy is in the vein of Road to Hell, Starchildren and Accident of Birth? :angel:
And... Sonata is very very good song? :nuts:
And... Shadow of the Gods is jaw dropping :devil2:
And... The album is GREAT :ninja:

@TheMercenary I want to ask you.. No, not about Bruce's new album. :innocent:

Can You confirm that Mistress of Mercy is in the vein of Road to Hell, Starchildren and Accident of Birth? :angel:
And... Sonata is very very good song? :nuts:
And... Shadow of the Gods is jaw dropping :devil2:
And... The album is GREAT :ninja:

Gifpro_out_9b745d0b17d2a2d563db7878f7d8306f.gif

:D

Is it better than Senjutsu?
I don't think Bruce's albums should be compared to some Maiden albums - the song structures and parts are more complex and with more different parts and ideas. It's not fair and it's almost impossible. Enjoy and like is different than better. Edit: ^minus the albums with 2 guitars.
I wish he released it in 2014.
Why? Actually, half of the album probably would have been the same if it was released in 2014, and especially if Sonata was already discovered then. Songs Bruce had in 2014: If Eternity Should Fail, Rain On The Graves, Resurrection Men, Nightmares, Shadow Of The Gods.

Last edited:
I don't think Bruce's albums should be compared to some Maiden albums - the song structures and parts are more complex and with more different parts and ideas. It's not fair and it's almost impossible.
And I think is very possible, you know if you like and want to listen it more than Senjutsu or not. You also know if you enjoy it more or not.

I don't think Bruce's albums should be compared to some Maiden albums - the song structures and parts are more complex and with more different parts and ideas. It's not fair and it's almost impossible.
Disagree, they are perfectly comparable. Bruce writes great music but at the end of the day he's still just a heavy metal musician. We aren't talking about Wagner writing a 15 hour opera saga here. There are Bruce songs that are more complex than Maiden songs and vice versa.

Why? Actually, half of the album probably would have been the same if it was released in 2014, and especially if Sonata was already discovered then. Songs Bruce had in 2014: If Eternity Should Fail, Rain On The Graves, Resurrection Men, Nightmares, Shadow Of The Gods.
Well, multiple reasons: He sounded better during that time (he was younger and it was before his cancer); if he had released it back then he might've written and released a new album now, so more music for us.

Also, I think you'll need to let go of Nightmares, since Bruce clearly isn't looking to release that one :p

I don't think Bruce's albums should be compared to some Maiden albums - the song structures and parts are more complex and with more different parts and ideas.
You're right. But, this time The Mandrake Project can be compared to The Book Of Souls because of "Eternity Has Failed".

Well, multiple reasons: He sounded better during that time (he was younger and it was before his cancer); if he had released it back then he might've written and released a new album now, so more music for us.

Also, I think you'll need to let go of Nightmares, since Bruce clearly isn't looking to release that one :p
Good reasons. I don't think his voice is that different from back then, less raspier for sure. Bruce sounds better? I can't fully agree. Btw, he said the album wouldn't have been this good if it was released back then. We can't know for sure until we hear it and because we don't know about his other demos.

As for the Nightmares song, he showed it to Steve then. And - I'll never let it go, until Bruce releases it!

Back