Bruce Dickinson

Anyone remembers Bruce talking about that Sonata track? Was it in his podcast or another interview or sth? Was it from the AoB period, and Leana heard it and said "you have to use this" kind of a story...

[Pre-Chorus]
All has come to nothing
All will burn in hell
Now the bridge is broken
All is overcome

I don't like this part. The way Bruce sings it, very annoying. Plus it changes pace of the song for the worse.

[Pre-Chorus]
All has come to nothing
All will burn in hell
Now the bridge is broken
All is overcome

I don't like this part. The way Bruce sings it, very annoying. Plus it changes pace of the song for the worse.
Yeah also my least favourite vocal line.
The only good thing about it is the chorus sounds even better after it.

As for "Eternity Has Failed", I'm not sure that it is the reworking of IESF. The latter was originally supposed to be the opening track of the album and since it is a concept album I could see IESF being the introduction to the concept and a warning of things to come, while EHF comes later after things have gone wrong and continues the storyline.

So for me I see two possibilies: Either Eternity Has Failed is a reworking of IESF, maybe minus the intro and outro? Would explain the length. It would obviously have different lyrics as well. The other possibility is that it is an entirely different track that is only connected by the overall theme of the album. Maybe a "The Alchemist" type of song, which was its own thing but featured a reprise of the "Chemical Wedding" chorus as a quote/leitmotif. Maybe EHF will do the same with IESF.

Back