Bruce Dickinson

Video was great. I like this 80s pulp horror vibe. Bruce dancing was... Something. Not sure if i want see that again. It strucked me that he didnt seem comfortable with that either.

Song is great. I like the vibe and melodies. Riff is tasty. Only problem that I have with song at the moment is, as many of you said, drums and bass. It just shows how important Steve and Nicko are for the tone.

Production. Well... Better than Senjutsu but still not Priest level good.

Overall strong 7-8/10 after first listening.

The demo makes it clear how insanely important Nicko is to Maiden. They can never, ever record another album if he isn't the drummer. He is possibly the biggest part of Maiden's signature sound.

Not just Nicko, he's the main difference on that track, but the whole vibe of a real band playing and interacting with each other just can't be replicated, like someone said earlier in the thread, I think @Trevoire or maybe @Vaenyr , it's the Maiden magic that lifts it.

The If Eternity Should Fail demo sounds like it was recorded over basic Superior drummer samples, but great to hear it.

You can buy that program for like 300 euros: https://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-3/

I'm sure Bruce's version could have been stronger than Maiden's, if it had been recorded in a professional studio, with a full band. But it's real cool that we got to hear it as an extra.

Last edited:
Pretty sure it's only the intro, there's loads of key phrases that are clearly different, and parts he's not belting out as strong as on the real album as well as different lyrics. Sounds close because it's the same bloke.

It also answers the philosophical question: why do recent Maiden albums sometimes sound like demos?

Because they are fucking demos!

Just enjoy all, I'll delete it from streaming service once someone upload it on the YT
Thanks for sharing.

I know it's just a demo, but I'm really glad Steve noticed this song. I mean, Nicko's groove, the added harmonic parts (you just can't beat 2 guitars in metal), the textures and the extra verse are perfect modifications with the Maiden magic. Bruce's vocals for the Maiden version too, they lifted the song a lot. Awesome song. His singing in this demo is great (both versions were recorded in 2014). With the repetitions the song is better and they are needed.

Some lyrics are different, the riff is heavier and the outro voice effects are not that heavy, which is better imo.
The most in the demo I liked Roy's riffy instrumental section and the melody after it. Also, no solo in the original too - oh no...

Back