Bruce Dickinson

Watched the teaser, and when guitar playing starts.... Guitar sound and playing immediately got me thinking... about... MASTODON.
The intro (the one that we can also hear on the first sample) makes me think of Pagan's Mind intros... And Pagan's Mind is really into same esoteric and sci-fi stuff as Bruce Dickinson.

Bruce writing, definitely. I like the guitar sound, though, that's not typically Bruce solo or Maiden.

Watched the teaser, and when guitar playing starts.... Guitar sound and playing immediately got me thinking... about... MASTODON.

I did read your comment and went back to listen and I completely agree: the guitar tone is really similar to Bill and Brent guitars. Too little to make any definitions, but, the vibe, the visuals, the sounds ooze of something pretty exciting.

What I will say is despite the new JP video being brutally ameteur the mix is insanely good. What I'd give to have Andy Sneap mix a Maiden record!

So I won’t deny their production is good no doubt but every album of theirs sounds like Painkiller. Like no innovation in sound or music. I think I’d give the next maiden album to Roy Z to produce. The sound on Ragnarok is freaking smooth.

So I won’t deny their production is good no doubt but every album of theirs sounds like Painkiller. Like no innovation in sound or music. I think I’d give the next maiden album to Roy Z to produce. The sound on Ragnarok is freaking smooth.
Maybe Steve will listen to it and think maybe I should let this Roy Z guy have a go.........Nah, I really doubt it :bigsmile:

I've been slacking on here as usual, but I'm just as super excited as everyone! Also I found on Amazon music that the song is going to be 5 minutes long.
View attachment 32025
5 minutes long, that's great. This means the song might have a 50-second intro, a few repetitions of the chorus, more than 1 solo, and a guitar harmony. All of these features will perfectly fit the theme of the song.

Okay like the riff for sure. Has a Darkside of Aquarius vibe to it. I think the video will be something different. Was expecting an animated one but let’s see how this is.
Aquarius feel indeed. I think overall the song will be like Abduction (the lead single from the previous album), with its parts. And I would love that.
I have very little interest in... the concept or the lyrics for that matter.
The concept of the lyrics helps the listener to dive even more so in the song and create images in his mind, which is important for me.
Bruce writing, definitely. I like the guitar sound, though, that's not typically Bruce solo or Maiden.
Not typical for Maiden yes, but I think it's (at least a bit ) typical, yet really fresh for Bruce solo. Idk, maybe Adrian could come up with such a riff.
5.45 running time on a site you can buy a flac download.
This is even better. Longer intro is coming for us, haha.

Back