Bruce Dickinson

QOTSA, Eternal Champion, Brutus, Kvelertak and Fu Manchu are great. Hellfest usually has the best line-up of all the European festivals. Bruce will get an hour minimum judging by past running orders.

Confirmed for Tons of Rock in Norway and Sweden Rock.
Seems like he is bassically doing all the typical hardrock/metal festivals.

Graspop, Copenhell, Download UK, Reseruction, Nova Rock, would all fit, i guess.

Will he only play festivals? I know it's sometimes recommended as a strategy for small bands who want to expand their audience and get their name out further, but that doesn't fit here .

Will he only play festivals? I know it's sometimes recommended as a strategy for small bands who want to expand their audience and get their name out further, but that doesn't fit here .
Why? Many people doesn't know who Bruce is. We know him because of Iron Maiden. This is nothing more than cognitive bias called curse of knowledge :)

Maiden enjoy playing festivals, that would include Bruce I think. Gives him a chance to play to bigger crowds than touring small venues on his own? Don't think it's an ego thing as I'm assuming he won't be headlining any of these festivals.

Maiden enjoy playing festivals, that would include Bruce I think. Gives him a chance to play to bigger crowds than touring small venues on his own? Don't think it's an ego thing as I'm assuming he won't be headlining any of these festivals.
It's only natural to play festivals when doing a European tour. Touring is really expensive, and to make it financially viable it's probably impossible to avoid festivals.

Sweden Rock has a phenomenal line up so far. Bruce, Avantasia and Judas Priest. If they are headliners I have to consider getting tickets.

I would be very surprised is Bruce Dickinson is a headliner. He is mentioned in the press release after some bigger acts:

He is not a headliner. SRF reveal headliners in spurts, 1 or 2 at a time. Priest is the only one so far.

No, you certainly wouldn't avoid festivals but there would usually be a lot of other dates too to promote a new album, rather something like this:

Evil-Invaders-New-Album-Tour-2022-1-600x1067.jpg

Bruce should be at the top of the bill, regardless of this being his first solo tour in 22 years and given the other bands. But that's not something so important or objective.
...and how long will he play? 40 min?
If his normal show length is 110 min, then that wouldn't be cool.
Many people doesn't know who Bruce is. We know him because of Iron Maiden.
They are not that familiar with his solo music.
It's only natural to play festivals when doing a European tour. Touring is really expensive, and to make it financially viable it's probably impossible to avoid festivals.
Yep. Playing festivals will be good for Bruce's band. Big crowds. Maybe if he's on tour in 2025 too, he will do some venues or arenas.
This.

Back